This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Here's the crap I get to deal with everyday

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Here's the crap I get to deal with everyday
    Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 9:12am
[IMG][/IMG]

That's what 72,000 chickens crap out in 6 weeks. Pretty surprising when you stand back and look. That pile is 40 ft wide, 35 ft deep, and approximately 6 ft high. Best guess is there's around 70 tons of poop there.
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links

bikley View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 9:24am
That's a lot of crap
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 9:27am
 Hey Tyler,,,,that IS a lot of chickie poop,,,I;m guessin there is a market for it as ,,,,fertilizer,,??Clap
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 9:38am
Ok it’s killing me to ask this but here goes, do you ever sell that to use as minerals for cattle? I see it here on occasion where I hunt. This is just for pasture cows not feeders that we eat.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 9:51am
least you gat a roof overhead...been a MONTH and a day and the garage roof ain't finished....
BTW are the side walls on an angle or is it an optical delusion ?
 ALSO .. you ARE selling that fertilzer/ garden amendment  ??

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 11:11am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Hey Tyler,,,,that IS a lot of chickie poop,,,I;m guessin there is a market for it as ,,,,fertilizer,,??Clap

Just think how good the Goatheads would grow with that.Wink
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 11:36am
kinda looks like Congress is in session!
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 11:44am
Joe, yes we sell it for fertilizer. $60 per load on a spreader truck. A load is around 6 tons.

Thad, I have heard of that. Pawpaw said they used to put down hay or straw then dry litter then more hay or straw. He called it a chicken sh!t sandwich. They will gain weight this way. The reason why is chickens only digest about 30% if what they eat so 70% of this litter is a high protein feed. The problem with this is the nitrogen. If they're fed litter to often the nitrogen will eat up their stomach lining. It doesn't really hurt the cow but makes them poop like they have scours. They don't lose weight or look sick but they don't sell very well.

Jay, the walls are straight it's just an optical illusion. That's what we refer to as a stack house. The environmental people would shut the farm down if litter was stored outside like it used to be so to discourage this they pay for about 80% of the cost to build a stack house.

Ray, you fellas send those goatheads to Blair and I'll send some "miracle grow"

Edited by thendrix - 15 Sep 2018 at 11:46am
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 11:46am
Originally posted by JoeM(GA) JoeM(GA) wrote:

kinda looks like Congress is in session!

Just think Joe, you could live next door!

Edited by thendrix - 15 Sep 2018 at 11:46am
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 12:13pm
That stuff makes some great fertilizer. I could use one truck load on my front yard but the neighbors might not like it. After being composted in a stack house it doesn't smell as bad as coming fresh out of the growing house. Bet it smells like money to you anyway. Got a small hay field right next to the house at the farm, told my buddy to feel free to make a pass through the yard while he is spreading on the field, makes the grass nice and green.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 2:26pm
OK, now that we have seen a picture of poo in the pole barn, can we see a few pictures of the chickens?

Congress, LOL

Edited by Unit3 - 15 Sep 2018 at 2:27pm
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 2:56pm
I deal with that crap everyday as well!   Got 10 hens, so a bit smaller pile made!  lol
We put ours in a plastic drum, with the veggie cuttings, roll it around and make the best stuff for the flower bed. Let it cool down a bit, put in the bed, and the flowers go wild.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Unit3 Unit3 wrote:

OK, now that we have seen a picture of poo in the pole barn, can we see a few pictures of the chickens?

Congress, LOL

I'll have to see what I can do. I had a thread full of pictures a year or so ago but I can't find it now
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 7:25pm
[TUBE]3GTLM89pN0A[/TUBE]
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 7:33pm
I used to get that from Rose Acres, just down the road from me. I spread it over alfalfa in Feb when it is dorment. Darn alfalfa will be as high as a 16.9X28 tire on the D17. It will really take a mediocre stand of hay into a great stand. Do not put it on hay when it is growing.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 7:21pm
So Tyler, if you somehow got into the middle of that pile, you'd be up to your neck in chicken chit?
Too bad you can't spread it on weeds during their growing cycle and kill em off!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Ted J Ted J wrote:

So Tyler, if you somehow got into the middle of that pile, you'd be up to your neck in chicken chit?
Too bad you can't spread it on weeds during their growing cycle and kill em off!!

That's true. If I was in the middle of that pile I'd be slow cooking myself. After a week or two I'll start monitoring the inside temp with an 18 inch "meat thermometer". In a week or so it'll be 160 or higher. If we leave it to long it can catch fire. We've had it happen once. Burned a few boards on the side of the stack house before we got it put out

Edited by thendrix - 16 Sep 2018 at 10:15pm
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 11:29pm
gee….thanks a lot Tyler B-U-D-D-Y! PffffT!
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 7:25am
Anything for ole shame shame
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 8:49am
Sure wish you were closer would like some for my garden
wfmurray View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfmurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 5:17pm
Think what the chicken and hog farmers are dealing in eastern N C .Hard for farmers to make the news.
TMiller/NC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMiller/NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 7:22pm

Wife and I were talking that there must be a lot of crops and animals either damaged or lost due to Florence.   Finally saw on news this afternoon some numbers for chickens , turkeys, was in the millions and hogs was 5500 best I remember.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 8:41am
I seen a picture on the news that showed 3 big buildings that were either hog of chicken but the news people didn't even talk about them, don't think they even knew what they was,I can't imagine what they are going to be like to clean out after the water goes down because nothing was probably taken out of them before the flood
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic