This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

? For 190XT pullers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ? For 190XT pullers
    Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 7:26pm
What gear are you using for field stock tractors? 18.4x34 tires with good tread, full set of pie weights, front starter with 3 extra add ons.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Sponsored Links

grinder220 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grinder220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 8:12pm
When I pulled mine 2nd gear was the best choice in the 9000 lb. farm stock class
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 10:33pm
2nd transmission gear (3rd and 4th speed) right  ???
LionelinKY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LionelinKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 12:28am
Track can make a difference. Most times I used 2nd on the floor shift. A couple of times I had to use 1st though.
"My name is Lionel and I'm an Allisoholic"
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 5:11am
Ok, 2nd gear in the transmission seems to be the consensus. What position for the Power-Director, Hi or Low?
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 6:12am
You will weigh more than 10,000 lbs so play it safe and run low side. There's a big diff between 95 HP and those that run 115 HP.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 6:59pm
Thanks to everyone for getting me in the proper gear. This is the fairboards tractor and I’ve only ran it to work the track at the pulls at the fairgrounds. Today was the farm stock pull along with the minirods. I recieved many complements on how well the 190 preformed. It pulled 280’ and some inches to win the 9500 pound class. As many times as I’ve ran it working the track, I’d never noticed that it doesn’t have the starter weight out front, just the three little slabs. Normally I’m not able to atted the Sunday pull, because I have to turn in early to get started at work about midnight. Today was a lot of fun. I’ll plan my vacation for the same week again next year.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic