This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Florence

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Florence
    Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 11:39am
If it holds the course and intensity they are forecasting, I hope all you folks over there will come out okay.  I wish you luck.

In 2009 I bid on a job in Wilmington NC.  I came in second because they new that it was just a retirement move.  I'm glad I did now!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Sponsored Links

Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 12:56pm
We're watching it as our son lives on Hilton Head Island in South Carolina.  Preliminary paths suggest it will go north of him, but who knows?  Still too early to say for sure.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 1:48pm
Thinking of riding over to Myrtle Beach, SC next week. Keeping my eye on Florence and two other tropical storms following it. Hope Florence doesn't do much damage.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 5:04pm
I'm praying that God will watch over all of the Allis family on here and also everyone else in it's path.  Be safe and check in as soon as you can guys and gals!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Ted J Ted J wrote:

I'm praying that God will watch over all of the Allis family on here and also everyone else in it's path.  Be safe and check in as soon as you can guys and gals!

X2. Latest report says Florence may make it to a cat 5 and hit land close to Wilmington or Myrtle Beach and it could go inland and stall for a while. Could get very rough.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 10:01pm
 National weather service is sayin this will be the most devastating hurricane to hit the Carolinas in 50 years,,,,Sure hopin everybody in it's path takes heed of the warnings the authorities are posting,,,chit they are forecastin 3-4 FEET of rain Inland as it is moving so dang slow. Lots of potential flooding,,,!!! Prayin for all those affected,,,
 Our #2 Son lives in Fort Walton beach in the panhandle and just went thru a close one last week,,,,,,,,I guess thas why I like this old desert country,,,,,Clap
Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 10:31pm
I am 200 miles from Wilmington but the shelves are bare today in the grocery stores all the water is bought up. Figured I would get chain saw fuel ready and get some bar oil and spare chains in the morning. Current path show landfall north of Wilmington but coming inland northeast of us. The problem is landfall Friday and reaching near us on Monday. It's just going to stall out and dump on most of the state. Good thing I fired up one of the generators and let it run this past weekend.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 11:38pm
I sure hope it's not as bad as they are predicting.  Heard it is one of the strongest storms to hit so far north.  I'm supposed to fly out of DC on Friday evening, we will see..
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 2:42am
Up here near the Mason-Dixon line, we’re just getting a let up from Gordon’s leftovers. That was about 7” of rain and flooding everywhere. I’m guessing that the tractor pulls for Friday night along with Sunday and Monday will be washed out. Most always after lanfall near the NC SC boarder hurricanes head for us up here. At least if the flooding gets up to my place everyone better have a reservation on an Ark.

Edited by PaulB - 11 Sep 2018 at 2:43am
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Dipstick In View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dipstick In Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 5:42am
I can't imagine 3-4 feet of snow,,,,,,,,,,,,,, let alone 3-4 freet of rain,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
You don't really have to be smart if you know who is!
dave63 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by Hubert (Ga)engine7 Hubert (Ga)engine7 wrote:

Thinking of riding over to Myrtle Beach, SC next week. Keeping my eye on Florence and two other tropical storms following it. Hope Florence doesn't do much damage.
Right now its looking like it might head down your way. Stay safe my friend.  Our forecast is looking better but none of us will know until its done.  
The universal answer to all questions is yes, how much do you want to spend?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 9:11pm
Dave, still watching the weather reports. We may cancel our trip. Brian F's son at Hilton Head will feel some of the effects at Hilton Head. Maybe he will go ahead and evacuate. We are far enough inland that rain and spin off tornadoes would be our most likely threat. Don't think we have any Forum members close to Savannah.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 10:29pm
 Don't nobody in the projected path Take any chances with this monster,,,,,National Weather is getting regular updates and chit,,they are even gettin ME concerned and I'm a long ways off,,,,,,Wink 
  One report just a few minutes ago is the Air Force spotters are sayin the whole of it is over 200 miles wide and biggest danger they talkin bout is the extreme flooding possibility,,,,,,BE SAFE,,everybody,,,,,
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 5:55pm
 WOW,,,,,,,,I told myself I was gonna stop watchin the weather because of the constant updates on Florence,,,but gosh,,,,I worry for all them people that are choosing to ride it out,,,this sob is one mean mohican,,,,,,
 It's amazing to watch the aerial views of the eye spinnin and spinnin,,,,never seen that before,,,,
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 8:09pm
If anyone is dumb enough to think they can ride this one out close to impact area,,, its too bad for them
allisrutledge View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 9:54pm
Praying for all in the storm's path.
Allis Chalmers still exist in my mind and barns
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 7:56am
Our son plans to bug out today.  Heading over to Macon, GA and then head north up to home for a few days.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 10:16am
  Well,,they did downgrade the rainfall projections from earlier down to ONLY,,,,,,30",,,,,,,dang,,,30",,,!!!! Prayin for everybody in it's path,,,,
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 11:20am
How about the 13 foot waves that would be some power smashing things
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 8:05pm
Heard that there are some large hog operations in NC and their manure pits may get washed out. That’s a lot of political promises going down stream.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 8:11pm
Changed our destination to Panama City Beach. The loving wife is happy now and I won’t have to live at the farm by myself for a month. Hmmm......that just might not be a bad idea.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 2:31am
3 to 4 ft of rain....I wonder how much "pretty" that would make?
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 6:12am
30 to 40 FEET !! I was told  X10 is a good(?*&**!!!) multiplier.....
so maybe them on the coast are 'lucky' is water and not snow.....
 far less damage overall I think with snow vs rain..
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 8:32pm
Yeah, cause snow melts and then you get double the damage.....

"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic