This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with G stolen parts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with G stolen parts
    Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 6:47am
Someone I met thanks to this ordeal told me to come and visit you folks, so heres my story.

I was fixing my dads G up for him to use in a tractor drive in September.  I work at a Ford dealer and thats where all my tools are.  The lot is covered in cameras so I figured it would be safe to leave it parked outside work for a while.  Got it running and cleaned up, new rings and all that.  It was just waiting for rear tires.  We finally located a set and I go out a couple weeks later to bolt on the rims and the tires and finally drive it and someone stripped my freshly rebuilt G engine down.  I just about cried.  All that work and someone hacked it to bits.

So..... 
I'm missing the head and upper water pipe, the fan assembly, intake tube, carb and choke rod, distributor, and ignition coil. 

If anyone has anything or knows someone who does please let me know.   This was a real heart breaker and I need to make it right for my dad.

Thanks for any and all help.
Sponsored Links

JohnCinMd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCinMd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 7:47am
There's lowlife scumbags everywhere, sorry to hear about your runin with them. Did anything show up on the cameras? Do you think it was an inside job?

This is the right place to get help, I'm sure someone here has what you need. Good luck.
Dave(inMA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 7:54am
Roddo, this stinks. Boggles the mind.

I want to welcome you to this Forum, though. There are lots of fellows on here and some will likely be able to help you find the parts you need.
WC, CA, D14, WD45
Roddo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 9:43am
Thanks for the warm welcome. 

I wouldnt be surprised if it was an inside job but there are so many people coming and going it would be hard to tell.  Apparently they didnt get anything on the cameras but that could mean that it doesnt concern them and they cant be bothered to look.  I called the police but so far nothing.  All I am sure of is they better pray I never find them.

Stan R View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 10:30am
Keep a watch on e-bay or craigslist. Sometimes stolen parts end up on those sites.
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 11:16am
It's hard to believe that someone would do that, especially here in Ontario. Give Ron Pye in Embro a call. He has lots of parts and can likely help you. PM me and I'll get you his number.
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
Roddo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 2:44pm
I've been to Ron Pye. Thankfully hes not too far away from me.  I could spend weeks at his place he has so much nice stuff.  Unfortunatley he hasnt got quite a few of the items, or he intends to keep the ones he has for his personal tractors.  Hes looking for some of the stuff from a friend of his in the US.  Until then there isnt much I can do.
Thanks again guys!
ToddSin NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToddSin NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 2:46pm
Not much worse than a theif!!! Sorry to hear this happened to you. Get your hopes all up and ready to give her a ride then this happens!!!
Roddo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by ToddSin NY ToddSin NY wrote:

Not much worse than a theif!!! Sorry to hear this happened to you. Get your hopes all up and ready to give her a ride then this happens!!!

100% exactly how I felt.  I was bolting on a wheel center when I noticed the hole where the distributor used to be.  It went downhill from there.
Roddo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 8:38pm
Just a bump in hopes more people see it. Sorry for the shameless bump.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 8:39pm
Keep bumping it Roddo - have you found any replacement parts yet?
WC, CA, D14, WD45
Roddo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 8:47pm
Ive got a line on a head and upper water pipe and a fan, but thats about it.   To salt the wound I sucked it up and bolted the wheels and tires on just to get her rolling again.  One front wheel slipped off the ramp, fell about a foot and the RH spindle broke.  I welded it just to get her back on all fours, but its not proper. 

Heres a pic of whats left if anyone was curious.  I put the hood on just to keep the crap out.  You can kinda see the plastic sticking out to cover where the head USED to be.

I guess this is the place to ask, will a distributor off any AC engine pop into this lil bugger, or does it have to be from a G?

Edited by Roddo - 17 Jul 2010 at 8:48pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 9:29pm
Don't know Roddo, but my parts manual includes a comment: "Order parts & service from local United Motors Service Agencies" I'm not sure what that suggests. I would suggest contacting Steve(NJ) - he knows an awful lot about ignition and electrical systems on these tractors. He's on here regularly but is in Paris, IL right now at a tractor show. I'll send you a PM with his email address.
WC, CA, D14, WD45
farmer_rob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer_rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 9:45pm
Roddo where in ontario are you?
if farming was easy everybody would be doing it
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 10:14pm
Roddo;  In case you weren't aware, the Massey Harris Pony used the same engine. Continental 62.  Might give you another source for missing parts.  Good luck with your search.  
morton(pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morton(pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 10:19pm
Yup, I was just going to say the same thing. The Continental N62 was used in lots of different things. Massy Harris Pony and Allis G are the most common though I think. Keep looking, you'll find the things your looking for! Sorry to hear of your misfortunes.
Roddo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2010 at 3:36am
I live in Brantford, which is about 40 mins east of London, or about 15 mins west of Hamilton.

Ill get in contact with him as soon as he gets back, thanks Dave!
farmer_rob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer_rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2010 at 5:46am
ill be on in your neck of the woods in sept.. well i should say st-thomas for the ipm plowing match. if u decide to go to it look for a series4 d17 with a 3 furrow
if farming was easy everybody would be doing it
bigallis1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigallis1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2010 at 7:07am
Welcome Roddo.
Sorry to hear about your theft.
Keep your head up and you will get your G back in order.
I would have a serious heart to heart talk with the managment at your work place about what happened. Hopefully they would do some investigation into the matter.

Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2010 at 9:40am
Roddo, try Colfax Tractor Parts in Colfax Ia. They had a Massey Harris Pony with a rod sticking through the block. They might have all of the engine parts you need.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
norm [ind] View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norm [ind] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2010 at 7:28pm
  CAN HELP WIH PARTS call 1-800-254-3116   if you know wayne ropp of the van shoppe  he will help with freight 
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2010 at 7:42pm
Roddo, sorry to hear about this. Can't stand a thief! Chopping fingers off is a good way to prevent repeat offenses. IMO. I'm not sure if they would interchange, but the Willys jeeps and some pickups had Continetal engines. Not sure if they were the same series. Clarke Forklifts and old Lincoln engine-driven welders had similar engines also. If you know where some of these are lying around, you may find some parts you can use. Doesn't hurt to check. Hope you get everything back going and find who did this.
Gerald J. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerald J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2010 at 7:49pm
Continental made many engines, in various sizes from the N55 up through multiple row radial engines used in bombers and tanks. My Onan generator uses a Y-91 which I know was also used in the MH Pacer and the Avco milk trucks of the late 40s. Rated at 23 hp and also a flat head engine. 91 cubic inches, the N55 was 55, and the N62 was 62 cubic inches. The N55 and 62 had only two main bearings, the Y91 has three.

The N62 blocks from the MH Pony and the Allis G do not interchange. Something about where the starter is positioned. Everything else does.

Today I made a dry air cleaner for my Onan from two 9" baking pans, a length of 1/4" all thread, a wing nut, and a roughly 9" diameter air filter element picked out at random at wally world. Cost about $15.

Gerald J.
MitchB View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MitchB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2010 at 8:01pm
Roeters Farm Equipment in Grant, Michigan has handles thousands of Gs over the years and would be a good source of parts.  They have a website and their phone number is 231-824-7888.  Sorry about the loss.
Mitch & Barb in West Michigan
Roddo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2010 at 9:13pm
Thanks again to everyone for the help and kind words.
Roddo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 8:33am

Got a few leads on where to get pars, thanks everyone!

Does 800 sound high for a complete engine that is stuck?  Might have a line on one.

Edited by Roddo - 20 Jul 2010 at 9:38pm
clovis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clovis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 10:03pm
Sorry to hear that thieves ruined your project.

While not AC related, some thieves broke into my office about a year ago. They cut the cords off of my phone, fax, Kirby vacuum cleaner, radio, clock, computer...and of all things, a commercial style hot dog cooker I had stored there.

They literally ruined all this equipment for what? Five dollars in scrap?

They also stole my muzzle loader, a new faucet still in a box, and my stereo system.

I hope you find who did this to your G.   
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2010 at 12:10am
Roddo,
If you need a Distributor or any ignition parts, I have a few rebuilts ready to install. The Delco used in the N62 G motor was a 1111708.
Steve@B&B
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic