This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

who all is going....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: who all is going....
    Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 10:09am
to Sturgis this year, and what is your fav part of it? don't be shy or lie!
Sponsored Links

tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 1:40pm
Staying Home  

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 3:59pm
Was thinking about it - last time there was 2015  - seems it's changed a lot since my first time out there in 1965 ... So after about 15 or more times there have seen a lot of changes - and it seems from friendly get together to some kind of commercial selling venture geared to YUPPIES and want to be something they are not. 
 Looking at 5,000 HD machines all parked on main street to the bunch or riders out on the highways that never rode on anything but freeways - 
 Seems some of us that ride OTHER machines are looked down on by many out there - then they have never heard of Norton, Matchless, AJS, and might have heard of Triumph but think they were built by Hinkley  as then never heard of Associated Motorcycle Sales in Britain  - Most never knew BSA and Triumph where merged or that the government forced Norton at absorb Triumph which killed both in a couple years . 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 4:10pm
Friend's riding his Moto Guzzi there,yes RIDING it. Says he like to snicker at the 'trailer queens'. Heck if you're not going to ride the bike,why bother buying it, might as well cut out a picture of your 'dream' and hang on a wall.
Port Dover here has a GREAT thing going, all bikers welcome on every friday 13th. 2 weeks ago they had 100,000+ there...great boost for the local economy.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 4:36pm
On a democrat website there were idiots telling people to travel there and interrupt the "fun". I've never been there but I'm guessing there will be some guys and gals there that arn't gonna put up with their BS. Have fun guys.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 6:54pm
 Hey Shameless,,,you got the link to all them Drunkard cams yat,,,?? Sometimes you could get in on some pretty good doings on bout 2AM,,,,,,,,Wink
 We went thru there one year on the way to Nort Dakota,,and Gosh was there millions of the prettiest girl riders,,,was also many more really ugly mens too,,!!LOL
 I remember we wound up going back to a little bitty town,,Lead, and finally got a room bout 11:30 that night,,,,Wasn't a soul in sight early the next mornin when we headed out. The best'est one was another time we went thru Sturgis also,,,was the biggest car show I had ever seen. We had to detour several miles as the main street was 4 rows of nuttin but more beautiful cars and trks,,,least ways we didn't have to worry bout any of them H,,, anglels,,,,Wink
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 10:17pm
I wouldn't go there for all the tea in China. Nothing against motorcycles or the people who ride them, just don't like that freaking many people in that tight an area. Darrel
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 11:23pm
there are still cams up there, some other company took over the cam, and they show a better area. google "Sturgis cams", you'll also see deadwood streets. i'm with Darrell, don't like shoving thru that many people!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 11:25pm
lots of our Deputies and other Sheriff personel would ride up there (off duty) to join in the fun. they looked like scum bags then too. they would bring back sum mighty interesting pics!
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 9:44am
I alway's figured Sturgis would be a great place to sell cardboard, a couple weeks a year!! (hehe)
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 11:36pm
But Darrel, Didn't I see you in the Allis crowd in Hutch?
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 11:45pm
John...he's prolly gonna stop there on the way home!
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 11:59pm
Sheesh, John, that wasn't even a spitfull of people at Hutch compared to them Sturgis streets being shoulder to shoulder all the way through town...
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 12:14am
yeah...JC...he'd like that...brushing up agin all the boo....uh...gals walking thru!
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 5:39am
Originally posted by JohnCO JohnCO wrote:

But Darrel, Didn't I see you in the Allis crowd in Hutch?

That Hutch crowd, from what I've heard, ain't even a crowd compared to the bike rally. Darrel
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 5:55am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

yeah...JC...he'd like that...brushing up agin all the boo....uh...gals walking thru!

Yeah,,,,I kinda got mixed emotions bout  walkin around in big crowds,,Ya know you is always "bumpin" into people and,,,,and,,,,, sometimes you never even know what your hands is "brushin" up against ,,,,altho it does seem as if most of them "brushers" just happens to be younger type weemen,,,,gosh durn it,,,!!!! Got to do something bout my balance,,,,,,,Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic