This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New phone and picture posting issues.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New phone and picture posting issues.
    Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 8:10am
I am in need of high tech help.  I have been posting pics on line for close to 20 years and thought I had it under control but not so.  I just got a new android based phone. I take a pic and store it on the devise and it is correctly oriented.  I place it on Tiny Pic and it is correctly oriented, I cut and paste the link to post it on some web forum and it is sideways????, not all the time,but part of the time. Anyone know what is going on and how to correct it?
Sponsored Links

Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 1:03pm
I’ve given up posting pics from my new phone. Then a friend tried and had no luck either. Ain’t worth the time wasted.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 9:40am
Actually, it's not "cut n paste", it's "drag n drop".  You are obviously moving too fast when you drag which is causing the pic to spin!Wink
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
JoeO(CMO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(CMO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 9:45am
You must have the county fair crane as they will drop load early or wrong place every time.  I always had to insert more $$ before giving up.

Oh, I'm way off here, never mind!

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 9:48am
'smart' phones have a 'option' called lock orientation or some other wording that will 'lock' the picture 'orientation' to the phone's position.
just don't ask me where in the phone you find it though. I don't own a smart phone as I know too much about how the 'guts' work.
Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 1:22pm
I don't have this problem at all, I don't own any kind of cell phone. Never have hopefully never will. Them things just seem to be a money pit.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
weiner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 3:56pm
I`m not smart enough for a smart phone,  so I have to rely on my dumb track-phone that I carry for emergencies only.  No messenger,   no email,  no on line,  no nothing except phone calls.  Most of the time it is setting on the counter turned off.
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 1:42am
The option Jay refers to is just to stop the auto rotate when you rotate the phone sideways.  It doesn't have any thing to do with actual orientation.  Make sure you are posting the pictures from the gallery. 

If you want to browse the camera settings, open the camera, there should be a gear image, that is your settings.  Tap on it and look through them.  The problem you are having sounds more like the browser or gallery problem.  I don't see anything in the gallery settings.  Tap on gallery and then tap on the 3 dots in the upper right corner.  Settings are usually there for any app you are useing.

You need 10 year old or older grandkids to fix this kind of stuff for you

Edited by john(MI) - 28 Jul 2018 at 1:43am
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 1:08pm
Been a problem on other places I waste time at,an has been explaned but forgoten by me. But for us non techy folk it come down to the Apple techy and Microsoft techy are thumbing their noses at each other. An we users get the shaft again.

But the other comment get your grandkid or any kid for that matter to help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic