This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question for those.......

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question for those.......
    Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 4:08pm
I have question for those that pay for their own health insurance for your family. What roughly would be the cost for husband and wife, mid-50's non smokers, no cancer history in family, slight blood pressure elevation, but nothing else major.
Reason for asking is I have an oppertunity to change employers, but, this employer is a very small company that does not have enough employee's to have health insurance mandate ( you need 50 or more employees).
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Sponsored Links

JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 6:40pm
My wife and I are 58. After the large increases last year, for me, my wife, and daughter it's right at $2,300.00 a month. We were at $1650.00 last year. It's different prices everywhere, no rhyme or reason that I can find, my family side is pretty clean, but massive heart issues and cancer on my wife's side. It's ugly, but sadly very necessary.
It has been my biggest planning issue that I had to deal with when I retired early.

Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
marion View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 8:20pm
I have blue cross and have been paying mine for 40 years is up to 288 per month with 5k deductible.I haven't had any health issues ever. Don't have a bride but hear they have lots of moving pieces in their stuff.
Roger (NE) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 10:01pm
I'm old enough to be on Medicare but my wife has her own business and she is paying $1150 a month. And that is with a $6000 deductible. I expect that price to increase next year significantly. Doubt you are going to find much for "reasonable" rates anymore. However insurance regulations seem to vary greatly from state to state. If you are going to go with an employer who doesn't offer a benefit package find a reputable agent who sells for good solid companies. A good agent is the best friend you can have.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 10:08pm
most I ever had to pay was $351. a month thru my govt job, they paid the rest, now i'm on medicare so...we'll see how that is! think'in i'm pay'in $100 something for that now.
johnkc View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnkc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 11:54pm
When I renewed this year the lowest was 965 the highest was around 1800 per mo. For Anna & I
I support the development of hybrid automobiles and alternative fuels as I need DIESEL fuel for my ALLIS CHALMERS!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 6:13am
   It is simply amazing what health care costs us these days. My Wife and I are both on Medicare. Mine is $110/ mon and hers is $124/ mon. Medicare only pays 80% . I should have had  a suplemental policy for both of us BEFORE she started having all these issues,,,,I thought then, it was way too dang expensive then,,,and,,don't even ask me how much our 20% of ALL her hospital/Dr,, expenses is gonna be for the last two years. I been seriously considerin bankruptsy protection,,,sheeesh,,!!!
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 2:16pm
I did gits another policy to go with the medicare, to takes care of the drugs and other stuff. hafta meet a certain amount in a years time for it to kick in and pay. but they all have that
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 2:36pm
yeesh... 2300 / month is 27,600 /yr.
at $15hr that's 1840 hrs just to pay for health insurance
1840 hrs is 46 weeks !!
so.... you work all year at the new minimum wage just to pay for it ??
oh wait...2300 is AFTER taxes dollars....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

1840 hrs is 46 weeks !!

Nah, you get to deduct health care premiums from yer taxes!  Or pay them pretax through payroll deduction.LOL

weiner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 2:44pm
I was paying a little over $100 a month for BCBS supplement for Medicare,  never paid a red cent for anything  that Medicare didn`t pay.  Then comes Obamacare,  now I pay almost double for my supplement and it don`t pay for hardly anything at all.   You all know what I think of Obama!
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.
johnkc View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnkc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 2:57pm
Oh Weiner, you just gots me all pizzed off again reminding me of the Prez that said the premiums were gonna be 2500.00 per year and you can keep your Dr.
not trying to be political.
I support the development of hybrid automobiles and alternative fuels as I need DIESEL fuel for my ALLIS CHALMERS!
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 3:58pm

1840 hrs is 46 weeks !!

Not quite Jay, it sounds worse than that! I'm retired (or I don't work anymore, as my wife likes to say)
I don't have a pension, I'm not old enough for Social Security and Medicare.
I fund this out of what I've saved and invested through the years.  It's not a pretty figure, but I planned for it, and was expecting this kind of money (or worse) I hate paying it, but
it's the price I am willing to pay to be done working! That's why I get such a kick out
of people who just decide to up and retire with no prior planning or idea of what life really cost. They have no clue just how fast money goes when they're no longer drawing
a paycheck.
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 4:32pm
whew..man it's gotta be 'sticker shock', a 'deer in the headlights moment' for a lot ! Sure glad you figured it out !!
I just got my first guv 'Old age pension' check this month...and have to pay taxes on it !!!
Haven't had  a paycheck in 30 years so having something come IN, is kinda nice but man paying taxes on my pension insome ain't sitting right with me...
oh well...
Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 8:03pm
Tbone, is a 'deduction' or is a 'credit' on the income taxes?
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 12:20pm

whew..man it's gotta be 'sticker shock', a 'deer in the headlights moment' for a lot ! Sure glad you figured it out !!
I just got my first guv 'Old age pension' check this month...and have to pay taxes on it !!!
Haven't had  a paycheck in 30 years so having something come IN, is kinda nice but man paying taxes on my pension insome ain't sitting right with me...
oh well...
Jay

They are building your self esteem you are still a productive citizen paying your way. LOL Not one of the low life Confused welfare people we all like to take OuchitAngry out on.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 12:28pm
Would sure give me some peace of mind if things did not change every year. My wonderfull wife retired from her teaching job because because the kids where allowed to run the insane place and she could take the pays everything health insurance with her. But I have no idea what happens when we get to Medicare. My parents had a good supplement to Medicare but after O'bummer got done its all changed. 
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by Lars(wi) Lars(wi) wrote:

Tbone, is a 'deduction' or is a 'credit' on the income taxes?
In my case, I guess neither technically.  It is tax exempt.  Meaning, the money I use to pay the premium is taken out of my pay pretax, like I never earned it. 
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 12:41pm
My parents both retired from good jobs.  Both are plenty old enough to be on Medicare (and are on medicare).  However they still buy over $1000 per month supplemental coverage.  It's been a while since I've heard the exact number.  It's easy to wonder why they pay so much, until you realize that they each have a stack of scripts that would make a chemist puke, and I know just 1 of Dad's many scripts is well over $1000 per month!  It's insane.  Sure glad Obama fixed it.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 1:25pm
I only pay $210.00 a month for my suppimental policy for medical and $25.00 for drugs being on Medicare and my wife's is a little higher be a woman.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 4:47pm
 Hey Tom,,who do you have the supplemental with,,???
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 3:32pm
I have medical with Medical Mutual of Ohio and Humana for drugs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic