This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Good guys car show Des Moines

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good guys car show Des Moines
    Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 9:56am
Well we are set up here. Gonna be 99 here today. If the gals come out, there will be a whole lot more than beautiful cars here today. Small halter tops and short-short shorts!! Wish I could post pictyres of the cars.
Sponsored Links

HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 9:57am
Some of these gals hots more sun block on than clothes.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 10:03am
Your giving me the idea you put the wrong name on this show.......................Could call it the "Show for Guys".
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 11:49am
Cars would be nice but ladies will do.  Cool
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Dennis(IA) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis(IA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 1:11pm
Have fun HD, I am 7 miles South of Des Moines but I am staying in the house.
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 2:27pm
And.... pictures????
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 2:35pm
Guys I've had them all here today. My pal Perry is a Caricter but his wife is more so. She has 3 descrprions for the gals. I will use her description here. She says "there are 3 kinds of gals, there is the tiny titti brigade like me, there is the nice double handful brigade like I'd love to be, then there's the reinforced double strap bra busting brigade. I just had 1 of latter here a minute ago. She had a T SHIRT On that, across the front said, Big Block Powered, with an arrow pointing to her--- belly button. She and her 2 gal pals were haVing fun with it.

Edited by HD6GTOM - 30 Jun 2018 at 8:57pm
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 2:37pm
Brian I can't post pictures. If I could do it I would share a couple hundred.
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 8:40pm
I had to work today or I'd have been there. Driving east on University towards the fairgrounds about 5 it looked like a mass exodus of classics headed home to beat the weather.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 9:01pm
Brian-- we left at 6:00. The parking lot that had been packed at 4:00 was fairly well empty then, but the traffic on the north side of the fair grounds was worse than rush hour on Friday night. They were going both ways. I'm wondering if some thing big was going on down town. I was told they were parking folks east of the fair grounds earlier in the day and bussing them to the show. Great show today. Looks like hundreds of great cars here. If you are gonna come tomorrow, you need to get here in the morning, the out of staters start leaving at noon. When I stopped looking at the gals, I did see cars here from 7 states and Canada and I only saw a few of them.

Edited by HD6GTOM - 30 Jun 2018 at 9:07pm
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 10:32pm
There may not be a car show at the Iowa State Fairgrounds tomorrow. They have received about 10" of rain in the past couple of hours. Doesn't look good.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 1:56pm
Show is on. I saw 2 things today that I never thought I'd see. A 4 door, 4 cylinder turbo charged Chevette and a nice looking early 70's orange Chevy stepside pickup from Southern Mexico.
Jim Hancock View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Hancock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 6:41pm
Hi Tom. 
Did you happen across a John and Gloria Courtney? 
They were there with their car from Carthage, Mo. 
Gloria is my sister. 
How blessed we are by HIS GRACE!
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 9:07pm
Jim   I don't know I spoke to so many folks. Do you know what kind of car they were driving?
Jim Hancock View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Hancock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 1:55pm
Tom, 
They were driving a '38 Chevy chopped sedan, black, with a green top. 

Were you a vendor or exhibitor? or both? 

Edited by Jim Hancock - 04 Jul 2018 at 2:31pm
How blessed we are by HIS GRACE!
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 10:59pm
Vendor and spectator, ya I saw them driving around, very nice looking car. It was hot outside, lotta hot cars, and good looking gals. Old gal totaled up the receipts and said we made enough money to pay for the spot and cover the costs of the products we sell. Even though we produce the honey we gotta figure a cost for it. Probably not gonna return next year. Will miss the whole spectacle if we don't return.

Edited by HD6GTOM - 04 Jul 2018 at 11:01pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic