This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

morning coffee

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: morning coffee
    Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 9:46am
also while at wally world I boughts an old style perk coffee pot. I knew the old lady....oooops...I mean the loving wife wants her coffee in the morning, so I fired up the gas grill and made her cowboy coffee. she looked at me kinda funny about how I was making it, but after she tried it, she drank 2 cups and said to make sum more! so I did, since we still didn't have electric yet. i'm sure when we're camping, this will be the way we'll be making coffee!
Sponsored Links

Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 11:47am
Good Cowboy coffee is hard to beat specially if itll float a horse shoe.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 12:00pm
What parts of a cowboy do you use for making this?
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 12:29pm
ShamelessConfused your doing something right cause the confuser is working. But if the puter is working why no electric for coffee??????????????????????????????????????????

The "machine" malfunction and ice up the line into the kitchen???????????????????LOL

An if you were at Wally to get pot for camp stove,swing by Starbucks. Or are they still doing training? Hopefully the rest of the world as confused by shenagain man as meConfused.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by chaskaduo chaskaduo wrote:

Well, I guess if his wife liked it so much . . .that answers that!LOL
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 3:13pm
Got's my first cup at the farmers market this AM. Holly Cow that stuff was Marine Grade I'm talking Semper Fi here. And the stuff I got was supposed to be the mildest they have. Glad ol Shameless got's a great pot. Now we know where to stop early Saturday AM. Congrats Shameless a GOOD cup of Coffee is hard to find around here. Ya I know, not supposed to have caffeine, but as long as the old gal don't look I might be safe.

Edited by HD6GTOM - 02 Jun 2018 at 3:16pm
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 3:22pm
Hmm - seems I went 4 days with just one cup of coffee each day and didn't need to take any bi-carb to settle down upset tummy . 
 kind of thinking this having 12 or so cups of coffee a day might be the problem of why I need to use a antacid before sleep each night . 
 Then been doing that WORK thing again and by the end of the day at around 6 PM kind of taking a nap to get ready for bed - this getting up at 5 AM is getting old ( or I am ) as all tuckered out at quitting time . 
 Other day waiting to load I had a hard time keeping awake - one of my low coffee days . 

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 5:21pm
Shameless, don't some folks call cowboy coffee, "God awful coffee"?
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 1:09am
Leon....if'n it's called God awful, it wasn't made right! Ray, we ain't gots no starbucks here, this is a slowly fading farming community! and my puter and wi-fi has a battery that'll last for a little while after losing electric. if the coffee is made right, it won't give you heartburn or stomach aches later in the day. and she said it tasted really good. one word of advise, don't buy finely ground coffee grounds, use a more courser grounds like folgers. I've been wanting to make this type of coffee for a long time, but could never find a coffee pot to do it in! the one I got is kinda a cheapy one, but it worked, and should until I find a better one.
sandman2234 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandman2234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 6:52am
I had my Mom pick me up one at a flea market, just in case the power goes out around here. Been great having it because the power doesn't go out when you are prepared!
   David from jax
A proud member of the Allis Express movement!
               Northeast Florida
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 8:59am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

Leon....if'n it's called God awful, it wasn't made right! Ray, we ain't gots no starbucks here, this is a slowly fading farming community! and my puter and wi-fi has a battery that'll last for a little while after losing electric. if the coffee is made right, it won't give you heartburn or stomach aches later in the day. and she said it tasted really good. one word of advise, don't buy finely ground coffee grounds, use a more courser grounds like folgers. I've been wanting to make this type of coffee for a long time, but could never find a coffee pot to do it in! the one I got is kinda a cheapy one, but it worked, and should until I find a better one.

Well,,,I'm glad to see you is finally gettin the hang of being,,,,,,,,,,,frugal and thrifty,,,it does my heart good,,,,,,It ain't "cheapy" if it cost real money,,,now if you traded some work for it and they gave you "boot",,,THAT right there might qualify bein kinda cheap,,,Clap 
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 9:45am
Ya know that to have truly authentic cowboy coffee, you have to wear the boots and hat while ya make it. And don't put your pant legs inside of the boots! Darrel
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 9:08pm
  I have one of those "old Timer"  coffee pots in the blue pewter with white polka dots up at the place in the mountains. I just LOVE the taste of coffee made in that pot.!! I let her come up ona boil and drop bout a half cup of cold water over it to settle the grounds,,,,and,,,,whoeeeeee get out the way,,,its time to sit back and do some daydreamin,,,,,Clap
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 9:36pm
Darrel....I can't gits my boots on right now, but my hat was! (camo cowboy hat), Joe...not the reason for the cheapness, wanted to surprise the old lady....oooops….I mean the loving wife with morning coffee without electric! prolly wasn't cheap, had to buy the pot, and use the propane on the grill to heat it up! it takes a little longer off the grill, not like a stove. I even removed the baffle on the grill to gits more flame
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 1:25pm
What did you use to settle the grounds?  I use egg whites.  Nothing better at first light!!  Specially out camping!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 2:40pm

Darrel....I can't gits my boots on right now, but my hat was! (camo cowboy hat), Joe...not the reason for the cheapness, wanted to surprise the old lady....oooops….I mean the loving wife with morning coffee without electric! prolly wasn't cheap, had to buy the pot, and use the propane on the grill to heat it up! it takes a little longer off the grill, not like a stove. I even removed the baffle on the grill to gits more flame

Darrell and he also had his camo thongs on

thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by john(MI) john(MI) wrote:

Originally posted by chaskaduo chaskaduo wrote:

Well, I guess if his wife liked it so much . . .that answers that!LOL
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 5:36pm
Ever heard of Tea (Coffee) Baggin?  LOL
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Ted J Ted J wrote:

What did you use to settle the grounds?  I use egg whites.  Nothing better at first light!!  Specially out camping!

UMMmmmmm,,,egg whites,,Ted,,?? Never heard of that right there,,,,
but does sound interestin,,,,,,
I use plain cold water.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 8:51pm
yeah Chas....already tried that while camping in MN one year, I liked it! Ted...just use a dab of cold water down the spout and in on top of the coffee under the lid, let sit a minute and you won't have any grounds to put in your cup! a waitress I used to torment a lot at a restaurant served me coffee one morning, and when I gots almost to the bottom of the cup....there sat an unbroken egg yolk! I looked at her and she split! lol
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 5:15am

yeah Chas....already tried that while camping in MN one year, I liked it! Ted...just use a dab of cold water down the spout and in on top of the coffee under the lid, let sit a minute and you won't have any grounds to put in your cup! a waitress I used to torment a lot at a restaurant served me coffee one morning, and when I gots almost to the bottom of the cup....there sat an unbroken egg yolk! I looked at her and she split! lol

Well,,I'll just be danged,,,I'm womderin how many other methodspeople use to settle the grounds,,,so far cold water, egg whites, and now egg yolks,,,any others,,??
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 6:58am
[TUBE]tq7Si7cp2jM[/TUBE]
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 10:55am
Back To The Future   (Speaking of coffee topic by Hubert (Ga)engine7,  Nov,24,2018)

Edited by chaskaduo - 27 Nov 2018 at 11:02am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic