This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Saturday

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saturday
    Posted: 21 May 2018 at 10:04am
Wife's sisters husband ( I guess my BIL, never put him in that category) passed about 2 months ago and was cremated with no ceremony. His call. Couple of years older than me.
We never got along that well, always feeding off everybody else and looking at his own interests first before anyone else. Just couldn't see the logic there.

He had a celebration of life Saturday that his wife setup at there place.
Big turnout. It was good. It's a little perplexing because I know how he treated his family and his own self interests and still the sorrow I witnessed of his passing.
He wasn't a molester or a wife/kid beater but just a lazy dope smoking self serving dick.
I know I helped him out several times and not so much kiss my azz or anything.

Life is funny. I don't know what I was expecting.
Call me out on it if you have to.

Sponsored Links

Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 10:19am
Fixer, i think we all know one or more of those guys.Most of the time, help or a loan goes to these guys without a thank you.  A man that won't take care of his own responsibility , is not much of a person, much less a man. I personally can't stand a liar, a man that will lie, most likely will steal too! JMHO, Tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
Dipstick In View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dipstick In Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 10:21am
You can't change him now and never could,,,,,,, but what you can do is to give yourself credit for being the better person and trying!

If you think of all the times and things you did to help, and learn to appreciate them,,,,,,,,,,, you will find that you're a purty durned good person after all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be positive!!!!
You don't really have to be smart if you know who is!
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 10:45am
I'm just really conflicted on some of the things that have happened in the 32 years I knew him. He used to grow his own dope on his property and got busted by the KBI once as his kids were getting off the school bus.....yeah. He was in jail for awhile and rolled over on one of his friends for the ONLY reason was he would be a felon and couldn't posses firearms because he was a very avid hunter. That was a fiasco.

After his youngest was born his wife had a small stroke and he told her to drive herself to the hospital because he thought she was faking and full of chit.
Had an Oh Chit moment after the fact couple of days later.

His Brittany bird dog died an had a melt down for a week (took a week off work) but told his wife to buck up after her stroke.

I'm done now..............aaaagh. Don't understand.

Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 11:01am
Well look at it this way.  I have went to plenty of funerals where I didn't know the person who died at all and never met them while living.  I go because of the ones left behind.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 11:59am
I understand the conflicting point you are talking about. If this was a movie he would have straightened up and had a change of character before his passing. But this is real life and sometimes people are just like him and we all seem to try to find some good in a person but at the end of day sometimes you can't . But you can lay down at night and sleep well knowing that you live by your own principles. I always say that I want them to say at my funeral that " he was a smartass but a good man" I like to pick and carry on in a sarcastic way but I still try to live like the Good Book says and sometimes I am more generous with people than I should be but I feel like I am trying to live life right.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 12:13pm
A funeral/memorial service can be to honor the deceased and/or comfort/support the family. On this one I would say the latter. With the life you say he lived few probably mourned his passing. The Bible tells us that a man that will not take care of his family is worse than an infidel. The celebration of life was more to alleviate the conflicted feeling of the family than to honor his life. I don't think anyone can condemn you for the way you feel. 
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 12:47pm
[TUBE]Tf5m--YeD8M[/TUBE] Just because he was an SOB means you don't have to be one!
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 1:13pm
An employer of mine from over 30 some years ago was one of the meanest, selfish, overbearing,,,, where do I stop. Worst 9 months of my life working for him. Treated all of his workers like dirt. One of the biggest funerals I have ever been to. I figured they would line up to pee on his grave . There were some stories told after but most were there to show respect to the family
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 2:54pm
I have no use for rude folks. I have no use for self serving folks. I have absolutely no use for weed smokers. Good on you for supporting the family left behind.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

I have no use for rude folks. I have no use for self serving folks. I have absolutely no use for weed smokers. Good on you for supporting the family left behind.

X2, hate rude behavior, in a man...

[TUBE]wLAY15lB4I4[/TUBE]
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 9:09am
A funeral doesn't change the way the person was, nor has it ever given me cause to think I was wrong about someone and change my way of thinking.  If you know the "loved ones" such as you do, you go for them, such as you did.  It does make you wonder how they think of him the way they do sometimes.  On the other hand, I know a guy who went to his father's funeral "To be sure the rotten SOB was DEAD".  People lead complex lives!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic