This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

uh oh....guess we're all gonna hafta...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: uh oh....guess we're all gonna hafta...
    Posted: 18 May 2018 at 11:01pm
turn in our shotguns and pistols now!
Sponsored Links

darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 7:16am
Dad gummit. Now you went and gots me all riled up. I mean, I feel terrible for these school shooting victims, and they need to be stopped. But gun control will do about as much good as a bucket of water on a forest fire. Get to the root of the problem, the trigger pullers. Quit pampering the dumb SOB's. Darrel
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 7:46am
Somebody on the radio said the shooters parents should go to prison to. That's not a bad idea I think. I remember when my pawpaw taught me to shoot a .22 at about 7 or 8. He showed me how to load, aim, fire, and clear it then he turned to me with a finger pointed and said "if I ever catch you pointing a gun at anybody I'll bust your ass" and I knew he meant it because he'd done it before. It's amazing the difference in a life where parents/grandparents are involved
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 8:23am
thendrix, I resemble that remark!! My Dad taught me to shoot, even bought me my first shotgun for rabbit and birds, explained all the safety where at the end spoke those SAME WORDS to me and Meant every one!!
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 11:05am
This is a complex issue. There ain't going to be any straight forward solutions.
These kids get pushed to insanity for whatever reason. The parents could be responsible for having the weapons accessible, but then again you should be able to see it in the kid, if you have any connection with them at all you should see there is something very wrong going on.

I remember as a kid I would have liked to have strung up a few that were giving me a ration of chit all the time. I didn't act on it because I knew better. Repercussions and such. Take it outside after school and get it over with and be done with it and usually be friends afterwards. Black eye and a bloody lip and it's over. Not a social media event like it is now. That I think is part of it.
My time....get in trouble and you are going to catch hell from the folks and whom ever else involved. Avoided that like the plague.

What happened between then and now I have no idea. I feel like I have been living in a cave.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 12:12pm
Like Tyler and Dave I was taught how to handle guns and to respect them and to NEVER point a gun at anything I didn't intend to shoot. One problem with kids these days is that parents don't want to take time to raise them but expect the school to do it and then if the kid gets disciplined at school they are on TV wanting the teacher fired. The parents need to take responsibility for their kids and the kids need to be taught to take responsibility for their actions and know there will be consequences if they get out of line. When Christians let the government take prayer out of school is when the decline started.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 12:43pm
And parents think that the teacher is always wrong and their kid is always right, and being picked on.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 12:52pm
I agree with all of you! and ad that the parents want the police to edjamcate their kids too! but they they yell foul when they try! if the news media would add on their newscasts that those people that do this chit were/are the biggest cowards there is...that would stop some of it! right now they think they are badasses or heros and take pride in their actions!
copyrite1972 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copyrite1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 12:58pm
So folks I gots to chime in on this. I have 4 kids in school, it ain't like it was when I was in school, and I spect a lot of you are old enough to be my parents. The kids in school these days are Ferrell! No respect, no discipline, everything is about  social media! They are rude, and hateful! The teachers have zero control over anything! Noe of my kids have smartphones, or social media accounts, and are ostracized for it. And we are supposed to be in a "Good" school district!  It doesn't surprise me one bit that in this kind of environment some of these entitled demons shoot the out of their classmates!!! We are seriously considering home schooling our kids next year, we are tired of the bull....
Sorry, didn't mean to rant...... It's just a whole different monster that it was 25yrs ago. I'm afraid it's gotten to a point where there is no fixing it.  IMO, it all started with participation trophies...... Angry
D15 Series II
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 1:38pm
Sad part is that these kids are going to be running our country some day and where is the country going to be?
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 2:55pm
I know i have said it before cause my wife lived it for 25+ years. And living where schools have fallen almost to the bottom as Californy is down to 47 out of 50 I think.

She came home one day in March the next to last year she work as a teacher: They gave me a new student cause he was in to much trouble in another school,so he gets a new start. And I need to let him do anything he wants,call the office if he gets to out of hand. Then take the other kids outside so he does not hurt them.

Now how the devil do you run a classroom like that, the third grader was in charge. And he dam well knew it. So one day the little goes off,she has the rest go out calls the dumm bitxx in charge. By now the Little S    is standing on a desk, she reaches out so does not fall off as higher up come running in, DO NOT TOUCH HIM, DO NOT TOUCH HIM. 

All he needed was a little touching in the right place. Yes he had problems in his life because the parents and other adults where/are a bunch of mixed up misfits. But none of what was done fixed anything. Very well another problem to be showcased on national TV when he is a teen.

Edited by Ray54 - 19 May 2018 at 2:56pm
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 4:51pm
I remember being in the 5th grade.. My school teacher was an EX- Golden Gloves champ.... When he talked to you, there was ONE ANSWER..... YES SIR !!
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 4:54pm
So folks I gots to chime in on this. I have 4 kids in school, it ain't like it was when I was in school, and I spect a lot of you are old enough to be my parents. The kids in school these days are Ferrell! No respect, no discipline, everything is about  social media! They are rude, and hateful! The teachers have zero control over anything!

I don't disagree...... BUT, if that is the case, WHY didn't the Parents have all guns under LOCK AND KEY !!   .... if you got a kid that's ready to drop off the deep end, I have a hard time believing NOBODY KNEW IT !!
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 7:09am
The dam liberal laws are stupid, and the liberal misfits in in DC and your home state as well as the county boards are as much a problem to what the misfits raised.they weren't taught honor and respect like many of us old furts were...
  Then the dang state and counties decided to make / build better and newer schools for them ef'n brats and to teach them sex ed and dimwitted gender misinformed crap.
  It is way past time to pull out the Good Book and teach the meme little brats what the "shall nots" are.  and what sparing the rod means and then demonstrate how the rod is used to make the child a respecting person.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 11:12am
Yes, the things that are MISSING in our society today; GOD (#1 problem), Respect for others, Honor, RESPONSIBILITY (For your own actions).
Yes, it has been the government that is at fault.  Trying to mainstream all these kids.  The BLEEDING HEARTS that say you should NEVER hit a child.  Well, hitting and a damn good spanking are two different things.
Society needs to wake up, it's NOT TOO LATE, but getting close.....
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
copyrite1972 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copyrite1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

So folks I gots to chime in on this. I have 4 kids in school, it ain't like it was when I was in school, and I spect a lot of you are old enough to be my parents. The kids in school these days are Ferrell! No respect, no discipline, everything is about  social media! They are rude, and hateful! The teachers have zero control over anything!

I don't disagree...... BUT, if that is the case, WHY didn't the Parents have all guns under LOCK AND KEY !!   .... if you got a kid that's ready to drop off the deep end, I have a hard time believing NOBODY KNEW IT !!

"Lock up the guns" AND the knives, and the car keys, and the pressure canners, and the #2 pencils (Cuz they are sharp) and the base ball bats, and the hammers!!! IN FACT, lets pass laws making EVERYTHING incapable of HARMING ANYBODY, so no one can hurt anybody with ANYTHING!

GOD FORBID we hold ANYONE ACCOUNTABLE for ANYTHING THEY DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D15 Series II
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 6:43pm
Also need to get rid of all the vilolence on tv and video games,   murder murder murder is all the theme ..... parents can take action on that starting now.   
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 6:15am
As we finally got a day when it was not raining my Son in Law and I went to the Shooting Center and shot  Sporting Clays as he had never shot a round before and we both had a good time. The Center also has a Trap field and a friend of mine was there with his High School Son who shoots on his Schools trap team. I told him I was very glad to see both him and his son participating and the school supporting shooting sports. I also commented that with more of this training and support maybe kids would learn that guns are not for bringing to school and used on your fellow students!
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 3:26pm
I still believe it all starts at home and the way they are raised now. Everyone is the busy with computers and games and just hands them to the kids so they entertain themselves.
Sad
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 6:59pm
Capital punishment.  That should be good enough example.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic