This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Barn find!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 10:21am
Wow good going! Sounds like it may not need to much to get it back working
Sponsored Links

Jk chalmers View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jk chalmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 1:05pm
Back Rims two new front tires and TLC... It has 650 15’s on it I was thinking to go a little smaller unless that is the tire size originally? Speak up if anyone knows thanks
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jk chalmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 4:12pm
update!! Finally got new to me back rim on and new tube got the essentrics torched broke free and no seased the crap out of em new points and coil. I had spare front 16 rims and one spare 5.50 16 bought another new one it had the Heavy duties with the 65o 16 and I did not like the look of that size.. Even though I’m sure they have them on there because of the loader. So I finally got to drive it down the road and test out all the gears and everything seems a rock solid so to say I’m excited is a understatement...
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 11:05pm
I hope you see fit to give it new fluids.It will love fresh oils throughout.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jk chalmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 5:31am
Changed oil i Hydro and transmission had clean fluids.. Like they did it right before they put it in the barn I’m guessing.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 9:49am
Keep in mind,something that sat still that long would likely have have settled contaminates in oil making them look clean.
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 9:59am
Just goes to show there are some real good items still out there.  Not many but this one sure is.
GREAT FIND!!!
Good Luck!
Bill Long

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jk chalmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 10:29am
Yeah for sure good point that’s why I ran it for a while and then checked everything and it’s all still clean but when I get the opportunity I will still probably change it out. I’ve got to D 17 Siri’s fours that I love but I’m falling in love with the D 15 series 2 Without compact and low to the ground it is
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jk chalmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 9:18am
well still working and running amazing The hand clutch must’ve been rebuilt before it sat in the barn for 20 years because it’s as tight as I’ve ever felt one!!
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 9:55am
Lookin' good!  That you drivin'?  Or is that the original owner havin' fun!!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jk chalmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 11:28am
That’s my buddy that did help me with all the hard work and elbow grease the original owner has passed away quite sometime ago.. But his 60 year old son is happy it’s up and going again!
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 4:54pm
Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic