This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

sleep apnea

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaroldOmaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 11:30pm

When I sleep on my back or set in a recliner I snore something awful, My wife has made my ribs sore from her hitting them. This was about 20 years ago. The recliner is still off limits. But by accident I started to sleep on my stomach. and my wife commented on how quiet I was that night. Been sleeping on my stomach ever since, sometimes on my side occasionally. And my ribs aren't sore any more.
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 12:49am
lol...can't you poke her back when she snores? I almost always sleep on my side, and some on my stomach, my new recliner allows me to do this easy. if i'm on my back, I gotta be propped up to be comfy and breath easier.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 12:50am
dyiDave...what's that thing called and who makes it? can to post a pic here?
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 4:36am
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 4:46am
thems like the ones we used to get for playing football?
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 4:55am
Similar, basically a bite guard, I use the one thats flat on one side, with a couple lips, on the other.  Kind of like a c-channel, in cross section...
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 4:58am
wear it on top or on the bottom or both?
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 9:04am
I have the 'dental device' ... it goes on both top and bottom teeth and has loops that make the bottom piece hold my lower jaw forward, therefor keeping my throat or breathing passage open while I sleep. Been a good thing for me, helping me to stay awake during the day.
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

wear it on top or on the bottom or both?

I just lay it, ridges down on my bottom teeth, stays in place pretty good, ain't swallered it yet!Wink
dave63 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 7:26pm
My wife has one of those but its just for keeping her teeth from grinding.
The universal answer to all questions is yes, how much do you want to spend?
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 7:44pm
I use a “boil and bite” so I won’t grind my teeth at night. Helps some with my breathing also. Dentist said use that or he could fit me with one for $$$.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 11:31pm
what if someone ain't gots no teeth?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic