This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ole Joe up to his tricks again,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ole Joe up to his tricks again,,,,
    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 9:19pm

I think I got the new phone set up,,,,,,maybe,, I had to go dump the trash trailer and I run into this little number just settin there acting like it needed a good home,,,SO,,,after some gruntin and much groaning,,,I got the heavy sob in the trk. Amazing what a man can do when he gots to load and get out,,, The pull start had come apart on them,,and after a few minutes of good ole Shade Treeing,,,the float level valve had set up and not letting any fuel into the carb,,cleaned her all up,,,,rigged up a pull rope and put a spark in it,,and it runs like a new one,,,, , It is a Blue Max, GEN4000B,,,It starts on a dime every time now. I just know ole Shameless is gonna be so proud of me,,,LOL
I want to pass on something I learnt today that is a GREAT thing to know if you ever mess with pull starts on anythings,,,
I looked at several YouTube videos on how to rewind the spring on the pull start as this one is a little different from all the others I've messed with. This one video is a honey..
You DO NOT need any fancy tools,, apparattus's as this is SOOOoooo simple,,,I'm almost embarrassed I never knew this ,,me bein doin this type of work for so many years,,!!!!
1. CLEAN the spring of all oil, grease and dirt (very Important)
2. Lay the piece the spring goes in on a table.
3. Engage the " OUTSIDE CLIP" on it's tang and start winding it onto the piece it goes on. I've always tried to start with the inside clip,,,NO!!!
4. Continue to hold the already wound part of the spring down while winding the rest of spring onto it's home. VIOLA,,!! You did it,,,,
This is a very STIFF spring but I got it on there the first time without any sweat and was so easy,,,it is hard to believe,,,!! See what ya'll think,,

Edited by desertjoe - 26 Mar 2018 at 9:22pm
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 9:37pm
holy buckets Joe.....you SCORED! good job! I never was any good at rewinding a pull rope on anything! now you can puts an air conditioner in the outhouse!
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 10:30pm
Joe, you are one lucks sob! (Just kidding about the sob part)
Best deal I ever got was an electric pressure washer rolled out of the pickup in front of me.  Honked and flashed my lights but they kept going.  Put it in my pickup and tried to catch up with them but couldn't find um.  Decided it was my lucky day!  It was missing the wand but otherwise all there and worked fine

Edited by JohnCO - 26 Mar 2018 at 10:32pm
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 10:45pm
Best deal I got was a 3 HP vertical tank air compressor. Brother Jim was on his way home from work and saw it setting out for the garbage truck. The guy said it fell out of his pick up when he first got it and the one seal leaked on his pretty new garage floor. He dumped it and got a new one. I put a bit of oil in it 2 years ago, but haven't added any since and it's still up on the sight glass. The intake filter was broken and the plastic cover for the melt was broke, but it still pumps air and hasn't peed on my floor yet!
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 11:00pm

Yeah,,,I shoulda been a professional "Dumper Diver" this is the 3rd generator I have picked up at the city dump and prolly didn't spend $15 on all of em to get em runnin,,,Amazing what some people throw away,,,,,
Fact is,,John,,bout 3 months ago,,I also picked up an almost Brand New 3500# pressure washer that Harbor freight sells for $385,,,only needed the wand and ole Thad had a good one and gave it to me and thet thing works great,,,
What was SOOOO funny,,my 2 year old Grandson kept buggin me to let him play with it ,,so I let him try it for funs,,,and,,,,and,,,soon's he hit the trigger,,,the back force drove his little azz back on the ground and ,,,and,,, he had water and chit and MUD going all over the place and him just yelling and screamin,,but he wouldn't let go of the dang trigger and thet thing just sprayin water all over ,,,I finally got a chance to hit the kill switch on the engine,,,,and he gets up,,,,gives me a dirty look and runs off to go look for his Daddy,, him layin a trail of chit and mud,,,,,,He don't want to mess with it no more,,,,,,   
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 1:41am
Bestest I ever got was an old skidsteer with busted head and stuck pistons and had to drag it out in knee deep snow... and from behind a snowbank quarter mile off the road.

Joe, That story of the grandson remind me a little of my niece, she was about 5 years old, her momma had come to drop her off in the morning so she could go to work. Niece thought she was going to come down to the barn where I was milking cows... back in the day when I had pails in the center of the walk isle... one wash bucket, one rinse bucket for the titcups, 3 empty pails for the milk... So I see her coming down on her tricycle, peddle peddle peddle peddle... and she came into the barn on her trike... The night before during milking, her and her brothers,  had put up stop and go signs at the alley ways and door ways... and she came through the door and I was kneeling down by a cow and I said to her, "You forgot to stop at the stop sign"  She looks back over her shoulder and seen the sign still there and she comes peddle peddle and steps off her trike and one foot across the gutter and socks me one in the arm and in her attempt for her great escape, she jumps back and swlngs her foot over the seat of the tricycle and and slammed her foot down in the rinse pail, KASPLOOSH!! There she stood, first in disbelief, and then in horror when she looked down and seen her foot in the water... It was a drizzly day outside so she had on her small galoshes and so when she jerked her foot out, half the water came out with her foot and splashed her... Now she was MAD and slams her foot down on the pedal and screams at me that she was going to tell her momma on me and I was going to be in BIG TROUBLES... and peddle peddle peddle peddle double time down the row of pails around the end and back up and out the door... I was laughing so hard by that time that I couldn't tell her she didn't stop for the stop sign again.  Her mom hadn't gotten gone yet by the time she got to the house so sis came down and had said that i was being mean to her daughter and I told her what happen... and she was laughing too. Wish I had that on video.
 Oh yea, she was still mad at me by the time I came in from doin the chores... and came over and doubled up her fist and hit me again... right in the old left upper arm muscle...  and she never stopped doing that when she got mad at me... She grew up and had her own kids and one day I was teasing the great niece and my niece came over and said "Is he being MEAN to you? this is what I use to do to him.." She doubled up her fist and smacked me  a good one...  and then says, "Come here, now YOU HIT HIM and teach him a lesson..."  Little Ashley says to her momma "No, he will hit back!" 'No he won't, I'll be here to protect you...  Ashle stepped over and gave a swing and I told her she needed to practice more to be able to hit like her momma, and the little darlin shook her head no.   She didn't have that mean streak like her momma had. And she's now all grown up too. Sheesh! where when did they grow up, an where did all that time go to...? an now I am a great great uncle twice over...Confused    Oh well.LOL
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 6:27am
Good save Joe. You and JC's stories remind me of one. Several years ago (I was in my late teens or early twenties) I drove to Colorado to see my dad and help on the farm. I stopped by a brothers house on the way and his oldest boy wanted to go with me. I agreed and away we went. To say that that boy was ornery would be understatment of the year. One morning we were out in the yard doing chores and he headed for the silo. Dad hollered at him and said don't go in there its full of mad wasps. The boy went on and crawled in. Shortly we heard a rucus and saw the boy come crawling out dancing all over and rolling in the dirt. He finally got to his feet looked at my dad and said Papa you dummy.LOL
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 6:51am
Well ole Joe. Your luck seems to run much better than mine. I could probably bring ten generators home from the dumps and not have a good one in the bunch. I too recently watched a youtube video on them recoil ropes. It's like "why didn't I figure that out a Looooooooooong time ago. Looks so difficult, but turns out to be sooooooooo simple it's funny. Darrel
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 7:55am
Sure wish we could go into our dump again.  They closed it a LONG time ago....  I used to find ALL kinds of good stuff.
You take the cake Joe,,,,,,,,,you the luckiest,,,,,,,,,ole phart....dang!
When you come up to get what ever it was I was gonna give you, bring one of them genny's along, I can use one..... Er,,,,uh,,,,make sure it's one of them that switches over to 220 when you want.....
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 9:19am

Yeah,,JC and Thad,,,them Grandkids and Nephews are something,,ain't they,,?? I love it thet they are so full of life and think they are invincible,,,
This little guy keeps me goin all weekend when it's his daddy's weekend. Long about Sunday PM,,I'm ready for a nap,,,
Hey Darrel,,,Really,,I am amazed at how simple it was to rewind thet VERY stiff spring with thet method,,, Makes me kinda mad I done it the HARD way for so long,,, Fact is,,I can remember throwin away some pull starts on weedeaters cause were so dang difficult.
Yeah,Ted this one has the 220 plug on it too,,, got a pulg I ain't seen so, will try to find an adapter for it,,
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 3:57am
Wally World should have yer adapter in the camper supply section
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic