This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

i am tuckered out!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: i am tuckered out!!!
    Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 2:58am
been a long winter for me even tho most all ya gots more pretty than me. I may hafta make more holes in the hose for next winter! anyways...decided to takes a couple tractors outta hibernation. started with the 180D as it has the crane on it and I want to move sum heavy stuff, I had one of those battery maintainers on it all winter on a new battery so I knew this would be easy! WRONG! battery is 4 months old and deader than dead! WTF? grabbed a charger and it wouldn't even take a charge! tooks it out and back to the store and gots a free replacement. the tractor started right up and I used it some around the place. I do need to make another new seat for it again. next was an old backhoe. that this is such a PITA to climb into. needs more steps and a bigger door to the cab. and you can't just reach in and try to start it, you hafta be in the seat. PffffT! finally gits in, sits and catches my breath, turn the key and NUTHIN! PffffT! well I kinda expected that, but still had to try it. I thoughts I was gonna hafta take the cab off that thing to gits the battery out! sits under the cab floor, then down in a hole about 18 inches below. had to fabricate a battery lift to gits the dead on out. that battery was the same brand as the one in the 180! not gonna go there and gits another, went to NAPA instead. only reason for doing the backhoe, I need to digs a big ole hole for a burn pit. the local fire dept won't issue me a burn permit cuz they say my tree pile is to big! I thinks the real reason is I thinks they saw a couple tires in that pile! PffffT! i'll shows them, i'll dig this deep hole and ya'll know you can't see black smoke at night! and Hubert....if'n you calls my local fire chief....i'll hunt you down! my machine has a trailer hitch on it!
Sponsored Links

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 4:32am

UMMMmmm, UMMmmmmm,,,,,are we UMmmm,,,are we breakin any laws here,,,?? Seein as we are friends,,,I'm gonna let you know,,,I think I seen ole Hubert's trk leavin the fire marshall's house last night,,,But,,, but..you know that might just be a coincidence,,,,Ya know,,,???
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 4:45am
yeah Joe....he prolly gots caught trying to burn sum tires too! but I wouldn't rat him out for it!
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 4:46am
Shameless, now yer up to my tricks... Hadda neighbor who usedter report fires tp the FD, I dug a 16' deep hole , in the back pasture, and would light it off at midnight!   Took 'em 3-4 yrs to find it!  When they finally did, I'd chase off the fd, and wait fer the county pd to respond, well that would take 25mins, and a lotta stuff can go up in smoke, in that time.  Then I started lettin the cows in, afore I lit it, so they hadda drag hoses over gates, through meadow muffins!Wink
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 5:34am

Well,,I'm sure glad to see ole Shameless ain't the only'ist one that UMmm,,,,Ummmm,,pushes the intent of the law to the last point,,,, I know the dudes at the disposal are always wantin to look thru the trash trailer lookin for any ta'ars, old paint or batteries,,, I have to walk around the trash trailer with them to show them they ain't none of thet stuff anywhere ON the trailer,,,,,never mind what may be UNDER all thet trash,,,,,
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 7:09am
Now Shameless why do you think an fine upstanding citizen like me would burn tires??? LOL If no one calls and complains - I see nothing, I know nothing. Got a neighbor across the road that has a tree service and burned stumps and limbs behind his house for about 3 years until the state came to visit and made him stop. Our problem was the neighbors like Dave has that call 911 if they even see a little bit of smoke. 

Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 7:17am
And Dave, I ain't dragging any hose through cow chit. I'll drive the tanker up close and use the turret nozzle, won't even have to get out of the cab. If the ground is to wet then the fire won't get out and burn anything else so no problem. "He has a burn permit, so nothing we can do."
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 7:50am
hey Shameless, just glad that you remembered where your crane was at! Hee hee hee hee. Poke, poke, poke. LMAO. Darrel
*DougW View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *DougW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 7:56am
If your lucky,wait for a foggy day. Nobody will ever know.
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 9:17am
I burn my trash in 55 gallon drums shot full of holes. Been doing it for years. The FD is volunteer about 15 miles away and in the next county. I get a burn permit every year that's good for a year and free. I never call for trash burning but if I have a fire that could be potentially scary I call, all they ask for is the address and what's going to be burned. I just tell them brush. There may be a tire, hot tub, couch etc. sneak in there now and again. Never any problems.

Since I have a hole digger now I found out for some weird reason a pit burns so much more efficiently then above ground and doesn't get away even with an explosion or two.
Only problem with a pit is that it will fill up with water.

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 10:24am
that's what I used to do Fixer...I used to dispatch for our fire departments, and they would also give me a yearly permit...but our state goberment puts a stop to that! the fire dept always said I made their life and calls a lot easier! they gave me the name of "pyrow" . they said I was the only person they knew that could burn off 80 acres of CRP all by myself with no fire department equipment....done it twice! and now for over the winter I cut a 300 gallon fuel barrel in half, set it on blocks and use it to burn trash in. takes a year for it to fill up then I gotta dump the remains. usually lasts about 2 years if I punch holes in the bottom for water drainage. was kinda glad I got the 180 going as we had a goat pass away the very next day and we were able to carry it to the pit and burn it as per law. Hubert....we had a a$$hole fire chief one year and he just didn't gits (nor tried) along with anyone. they were gonna have a house burn one Sunday and guess how many tires was in that ole house! LOL he caught all kinds of he!! from that and also gots voted out the next election! I told them they could thanks me later! (the list goes on) LOL
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 10:27am
Darrel...that crane stays on the 180 all year, or unless I need more weight, then i'll puts it on the 7010. the 180 usually will do anything I need it to.
LSilseth View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LSilseth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 3:30pm
You should come dispatch for us shameless I would love listing to your humor every time the pager goes off.   WinkLOL   
MN FARM BOY
Luke
www.silsethfamilyfarm.com
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 4:53pm
ya know....one night I was dispatching out a training call for an area volunteer dept one night, it was for training that got cancelled due to a call. so I toned them, and said this is a reminder to report to the station at 7 PM for a make up training assignment. then I said all personel will be required to bring their own lipstick and rouge! yeah....I got a few calls after that! and there is another part to this....
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Hubert (Ga)engine7 Hubert (Ga)engine7 wrote:

And Dave, I ain't dragging any hose through cow chit. I'll drive the tanker up close and use the turret nozzle, won't even have to get out of the cab. If the ground is to wet then the fire won't get out and burn anything else so no problem. "He has a burn permit, so nothing we can do."

Where I am, that neighbor has a coupla tobacco barns, on the windward side of the burn pit.  We stopped burnin tiers, to be more neighborly, But when I dug that pit, it was all but invisible, to see flame, from almost anywhere, not on our property, les'n the pit was over full.

As for the cows, I locked the gates, so they hadda drag hose!  Not that I dislike firemen, but that day, I had had it wif that azzhole, next door.  Cops came up, and had me sign a little post it note, informing me of the potential fer fines...  Of course, I signed it with his(neighbor's) name, middle initial, and last name.  Cop looked at it, And could hardly keep from laughin, asked me what the P stood for, and I said Pussy!  He almost bust a gut laughin.  Made 'em write up another'on, and said this time sign Your name, not the complainant!

Back then, county wouldn't take tires, so I'd burn them, on snowy or foggy nights, in the old silo...  They never found those fires, though the cows were a dead give-away... 10 cows and calves layin as close as they could to that silo...Wink

County now realizes that letting a resident dump up to 4 tires a mo, at the dump fer free, saves them the trouble of picking up tires that were littered all over back roads...Wink
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

ya know....one night I was dispatching out a training call for an area volunteer dept one night, it was for training that got cancelled due to a call. so I toned them, and said this is a reminder to report to the station at 7 PM for a make up training assignment. then I said all personel will be required to bring their own lipstick and rouge! yeah....I got a few calls after that! and there is another part to this....

HEY,,,!!! This just reminded me of something I been wantin to do but like most old men,,,,I keep forgettin,,,,
Shameless,,,this year,,I want to "respectfully" ask that you let us know when you are goin to do the Christmes Eve Program you do on the radio,,,,OK,?????
AND don't be an old man and forget,,,,,
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 11:30pm
it's kinda easy to remember, it's on Christmas eve at a time between 2100-2200 hrs as permited, if there is no important calls. it's just a little something I can do for Officers and Fire/EMS's kids. been doing it since about 1970
LSilseth View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LSilseth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 12:45am
Is there any way you can recored that shameless? I would love to here it.
MN FARM BOY
Luke
www.silsethfamilyfarm.com
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 8:00am
What radio station?
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 10:05am
it's been recorded several times by dif folks, and was on TV once. Ted...our police/fire/ems/sheriff radios. I think I still have a copy somewhere....i'll check
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 3:30pm

AHEM,,,,,,AHEM,,,,,,I WANT TO SEE THE ONE WHEN YOU WAS ON TV,,,YEP,,,THAS WHAT I WANT,,,,OK,,???
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic