This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I'm In,,,!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm In,,,!!!!!
    Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 4:54pm

Well,,I just finished up submitted ALL my applications for the fall hunts,,,by a whole hour.WHEW,!!!,,,always before,, the deadline has been at Midnight of the last day but some yahoo changed it to 5PM,,,and,,,,,and,,I'm gonna tell youse guys,,,there's gonna be some very upset hunters that like to push things right up to the last minute and they is gonna find out the deadline is done passed,,,,
(thas what I was gonna do except my son called me and asked if I was gonna wait till last minute, like I always do,?? Told him I had til midnight and he let me know NEW deadline,,,WHEW,,lookin forward to all thet Elk Jerkey,,,,,
Sponsored Links

Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 5:28pm
Good luck. You going to share some jerky with ole Shameless?
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 6:11pm
joe, what is an "average" size elk wt........ and how much meat is saved ?
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 6:32pm
how much is an out of state tag? do y'all have mulies and if so can you buy combination tags?
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 10:00pm

Hey Steve, in this area of the southern Rocky Mountains,,,we have the Rocky Mountain species and the Roosevelt's Elk. The RM Bulls are avg 700# and the cows avg 500. The Roosevelts Bulls are avg 900# and the cows are 600# avg. Huge animals and the real work starts when you down one but OH man,,is that meat good eating,,!!! I have no idea how much meat you wind up with from an average Elk but I suspect it be a tad more than cattle as the meat is way more lean.
Hey Thad,,the Non-Resident Elk (Standard) is $548, the Non-Resident High Demand Elk is $773 and the Non-Resident Deer is $368. You get excited enough next year to apply and I would be plumb proud to have you come stay with us up at the place in the mountains with the National Forest boundry right at our back door,,,and,,,,and,,,we'll be your private guides,,!!!!
My Son, Jon, has lstely been doing a lot of scouting on the Mule Deer here in the foothills and has filmed 3 big Mulies in the 25-28" range and two of them with the drop tines,,,!!! PRETTY,,!!!
My dang phone has started to throw a shoe on letting me download pics to my PC and soon as I get it done I'll post some of the pics Jon gots last couple of weeks    they'll make your thingie take notice,,,,,
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 10:03pm
What ya going to shoot em with. The libs is going to have your guns. Darrel
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 10:53pm
DJ, youse say ye got pointed???
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 1:11am
i'm sitting here eating buffalo jerky right now. I've eaten elk and other wild stuff and it's all good....if fixed right! good luck on your hunts Joe. better takes lots of ammo, Les said you ain't the best shot, but I won't tell anyone!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 5:38am

Hey Darrel,,as you know, Nort Dakota is like New Mexico and most other western states in that upwards of 80% of the populace are gun owners (multiples) and I don't think they would ever get close to passin any legislation for confiscation,,,,'sides they'd have to bring a backhoe to every house,,,,,
And,,JC,,,Nope didn't happen,,,,,,yet,,!!
Hubert,,,ole Shameless don't like tradin this for that,,,and I've offered him a lot of various deals, most of em GOOD ONES,,!! Guess I'm gonna have to look into getting some Burgie as boot to get him to trade for some Black label,,,,???
You know he gots lots of "auction" experiences and not easy to get to him too much,,,,,,,

Edited by desertjoe - 22 Mar 2018 at 5:39am
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 6:29am
Joe that's the best offer ever. Im gonna give it some serious thought. Im hopping you'll give me a heads up before time to send in my info for next year.
Do you know the deal on out of state antelope hunting in NM or if they even do that?
My brother brought antelope to our wedding and cooked it on the smoker. It was beyond awesome. I want one.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 7:11am
hmmmmmm.....maybe I needs to invest in another backhoe?
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 7:12am
Thad, go to NM dept of game and fish and prowl around on the web site, should be able to find out more about the antelope hunts, and who has landowner permits
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 7:15am
Thad....just go grab Joe's ferd and keep driving around out there, prolly be sure to gits one off the front bumper!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 7:54am

Hey Thad,,actually,,,I've never hunted Antelope cause most of the permits go to landowners and they sell em to Hunters,,! Like ole Michael says go to NMDG&F.com. I've gone round and round with NMDG&F on their Antelope permitting system is why I don't even put in for em. But,,,but,,they are GREAT eatin,,!!Most Antelope run bout 60-80#.
What has become a big cash crop for the dept are the Barbary Sheep. Originally transplanted into the Southeast part of New Mexico from Iraq or Iran years ago,,,they have expanded their range to dang near all of the south,,!!They run bout 250-300# and I'm told is good eatin ,,more than the Elk,,,but I'm really a fan of Elk,,,
What,,Shameless,,,you gonna go work for the guv'ment digging up ,,,,,,,UMmmm never mind,,,,
    Ya know,,,Shameless,,,I ain't ever got one with the front bumper,,,never mind I've tried a time or two,,,,,
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 7:57am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

hmmmmmm.....maybe I needs to invest in another backhoe?

You like to live dangerously....? What do you think your popularity rating would be when you pull into someone's yard with a backhoe, and tell them that you are there to dig up there yard in search of guns to confiscate....? You best just stick to what you know best, and that is your snow machine. Darrel
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 8:37am
We get 2 antelope permits, 1 buck, one doe, the buck permit is always sold as soon as we get it. If ya just want some meat, we will give away the doe permit...just hafta get your huntin license for antelope....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic