This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

happy first day of spring!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: happy first day of spring!
    Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 7:11am
hope it's a good one for ya'll!
Sponsored Links

PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 7:34am
Doesn’t sound like it by the forecast. We’re supposed to soon startgetting a mix of all the nasty weather we’ve missed out on all winter. Maybe up to 6” by the time the storm is over. Thanks Shameless
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 7:46am
The sun is shining but it's a cool 28* here today.  Shameless, you got anything to do with the temperature?  Let it warm up a little.Wink
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 8:24am

Yep, Yep, Just looked out and seen a couple Robins havin a discussion over a pecan in front yard,,,then I see a red headed 'pecker goin to town in the Mulberry tree right next to house,,,,,I'm wonderin whether we'll get any rain this year,,,,,sigh
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 8:34am
Does this mean you are putting the machine in storage until next winter or are you going for one more futile try at getting me. LOL
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 8:49am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Yep, Yep, Just looked out and seen a couple Robins havin a discussion over a pecan in front yard,,,then I see a red headed 'pecker goin to town in the Mulberry tree right next to house,,,,,I'm wonderin whether we'll get any rain this year,,,,,sigh

I sure hope you get some rain there, Joe. Isn't much of anything uglier than a drought. Darrel
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 8:50am
Originally posted by Hubert (Ga)engine7 Hubert (Ga)engine7 wrote:

Does this mean you are putting the machine in storage until next winter or are you going for one more futile try at getting me. LOL

Taunting Shameless may not have a good outcome. LOL! Darrel
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 1:39pm
I have faith Hubert! oh...and Brian...them cold temps come from them silly Canadians!
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 1:53pm
They are calling for 1 - 4" tonight here in Ohio. Hope that's the end of it, I am ready to do some yard work
farmboy520 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmboy520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 3:49pm
Tadams you can do yard work me anytime!
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

I have faith Hubert! oh...and Brian...them cold temps come from them silly Canadians!

LOL  I'm sure our friends to the north have had it much colder than I have, so  I better not complain too much.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 4:13pm
8 -1/2 hours later we have 6” of so called spring. News report says one county away to the northwest has 10”. What did you do shameless, gas up you machine with nitromethane?
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 10:05pm
is farting while standing next to it....the same thing?
Dan Hauter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Hauter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 10:08pm
35 degrees here in Carlinville, IL.  Kind of a gloomy day.  Weather forecaster in St. Louis, MO keeps saying we shouldn't think winter's over.  At least winter's days are getting fewer as we mark days off the calendar.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 6:25am
Shameless: Did Darrel bring you some chili?Big smile  Your making your last blowout a good one. We woke up to about a foot with another 5-10" forecasted. good day to work in the garage.

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 7:06am
In MO the weather LIED!! It snowed while running thru Union hauling grain yesterday while was 39 degrees, windy and gloomy. Welcome to March in the Midwest, if you do not like it hang on as it will change minute to minute!
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 9:48am
looks like about 3-4 inches, here, so far today.  Looks like I'm gonna read farm show cover to cover, sposed to last all day!
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 12:20am
In the 60's today, supposed to be 72 on Thursday!
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by JohnCO JohnCO wrote:

In the 60's today, supposed to be 72 on Thursday!

Now what is going on only 60 here on Thursday and you get 72??????????????             With the rain got to have my feet right in the fire to keep them warm.

Edited by Ray54 - 22 Mar 2018 at 12:07pm
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Hubert (Ga)engine7 Hubert (Ga)engine7 wrote:

Ain't much chance of that Hubert.  We're supposed to get 4 to 6" here tomorrow night.  That WET and HEAVY stufffffff.  Pfffft!!
And it was only 22 here this morn too.  Spring my eye!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 2:30pm
radio this morning calling for teens tonight at least no snow
Tom
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 9:38pm
Got 7 rows of onion plants 225 feet long planted along with some sugar beets, regular beets, carrots, and parsnips.--also got a couple short rows of peas in.--Taters are next! LOL!!!!! thanks; ac fleet
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 1:59pm
Must be nice I planted peas the day after St. Patricks Day and that will be all the planting till around Memorial Day, too much a chance of frost till then
Tom
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 4:27pm
Tom, Get your taters in the ground as soon as soil is workable. Maom always said, to have good taters, the tops have to be froze off at least once. Twice or three ties is better.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic