This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Holster

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Plotner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Holster
    Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 8:15pm
Bought a Remington R1 stainless a while back since im 21 now and am looking for a holster, wont be carrying it much, usually just in the glove box of my truck, but when I do im looking at carrying it in the small of my back, since im too thin to put it on my inside hip without it sticking out. Any good suggestions? would prefer leather but...

Edited by Mike Plotner - 19 Mar 2018 at 8:15pm
2001 Gleaner R42, 1978 7060, 1977 7000, 1966 190 XT, 1966 D-17 Series IV and 1952 WD and more keep my farm running!
Sponsored Links

MNLonnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNLonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 8:50pm
I use Desantis sof-tuck holsters for a couple of mine and find them very comfortable to wear.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/106NAI4Z0-DeSantis-Sof-Tuck-IWB-Holster-Tuckable-Adjustable-Cant-Suede-Right-Han/292146465263?hash=item44054949ef:m:mVvlBVLztgYCgI8YbAZD86Q

I guess the link doesn't work but they are available on e-bay.

Edited by MNLonnie - 19 Mar 2018 at 8:51pm
Waukesha B, B, IB, G, styled WF, D15, 615 backhoe, 2-Oliver OC3's, 6 Ford Model T's, 3 Model A Fords, AV8 Coupe, AV8 Roadster, 1933 Ford Wrecker
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 9:13pm
My advice would be to go to a gun show, and try some on.  Ballistic nylon is a little cooler...
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 9:43pm
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 10:15pm
I just bought one of these holsters for my 9mm. and I like it! Don't have to take the holster off can leave it on the belt. Comes in sizes for any automatic pistol.https://www.amazon.com/Bianchi-Foldaway-Holster-Black-Right/dp/B004Y3NAGA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1521515411&sr=8-1&keywords=bianchi+101-16
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 12:06am
putting it in the glove box is a concealed weapon. check the laws of your state
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 7:42am
maybe Mike has a concealed carry?
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 8:49am
Mike, I don't know the laws of your state but if you can get a concealed carry permit get one. A lot of other states may honor your state's permit and it could save you some problems down the road. Plus concealed carry doesn't alarm the nit wits when you go into a restaurant or other public place. I use an inside the pocket holster for my baby Glock since I don't usually wear a jacket and don't like wearing my shirt untucked.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Mike Plotner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Plotner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 9:00am
Yep, I'm working on deciding where to get the class for mine from. Right now I usually just have a ruger ranch rifle in my truck. Basically I just want a concealed carry make transporting easier
2001 Gleaner R42, 1978 7060, 1977 7000, 1966 190 XT, 1966 D-17 Series IV and 1952 WD and more keep my farm running!
Greg (Hillsboro, OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg (Hillsboro, OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 12:13pm
Try looking at www.smartcarry.com
Looking at the page, their holster looks like it wouldn't be comfortable but it is, and NO ONE will look there to see if you're carrying.   I've asked many people if they can tell where i'm carrying and no one can see any sign of it at all.  Works when wearing about anything.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 1:29pm
does it work when yer wearing a thong? lol
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 2:59pm
Well now age will take care of that too thin problem but it might take a while, just go ahead and buy one now and keep it for later.  Back 40 years ago I bought a Bianchi shoulder holster, (all holsters were leather back then), gave $35 for it, hate to think what it would cost to replace it now and it is almost as good as it was the day I got it.
After Shameles's comment I need to go poke my minds eye out.
Maximum use of available resources!
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 5:32pm
Hubert,what is a  baby Glock?

I tried out the 42 and loved the way the thing functioned and the awsum trigger pull. 

But the size steered me away and I went with the Smith Body guard.  Confused
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by Dave H Dave H wrote:

Hubert,what is a  baby Glock?

I tried out the 42 and loved the way the thing functioned and the awsum trigger pull. 

But the size steered me away and I went with the Smith Body guard.  Confused

Dave, I refer to both the 42 and the 43 as "baby" Glocks. When they came out with the 43 I put the 42 up and started carrying the 43. I use a +1 magazine extension which helps it fit my hand a bit better. The Body Guard is a nice unit, also.  I own several S&W wheel guns and really love them, one belonged to my grandfather who carried it when he delivered mail with a horse and buggy.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 7:19pm
I really prefer full size weapons, they will KNOW I am carrying as will be obvious as will the thud if they challenge the .45acp 1911 full size.
Mike Plotner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Plotner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 8:27pm
That's why I like a full size 1911. If it was good enough for my ancestors to fight the imperial Germans, Japanese and communists, it's good enough for me to carry around
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic