This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SCAM CALL from grandkid - send money

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SCAM CALL from grandkid - send money
    Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 8:44am
SCAM CALL - seems this is the 3rd or 4th time this scam has called over last month 

859-474-0000 / 8594740000 - 800Notes

https://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-859-474-0000
Jan 16, 2018 - 20 posts - ‎17 authors
Just got a scam call from this number pretending to be grandson and wanting me to wire money. I recognize the voice of my grandchildren, they don't call me grandma and they are in elementary school. He should have done a bit more research - but for others be warned - it is a scam. Caller: Scammer.

859-474-0000 / 8594740000 • Bellevue, Kentucky Got 55 Reports ...

https://findwhocallsyou.com/8594740000?CallerInfo
housemomma • Posted 16 Feb 2018. scam wants money from you.. do the reverse when they call say hold on I will get mom to talk to you. you make up a phony name and give it to them, tell them here is my name so so and fake cc to warn them of a mad housemother. HELPFUL Comment! Rating. • Reply. IP: 71.4*.***.

8594740000 - who calls me from 859-474-0000?

https://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/8594740000
Got a call at 8 a.m. from this number. he said hello, grandma. i said, you have the wrong number and he hung up. then i checked and found out it is a scam. Caller: 859-474-0000. Reply ! 0. Daisy. 7 Feb 2018. This number calls me several times a day. Reply ! 0. Carol. 8 Feb 2018. Got a call this morning (2/08/18) and said Hi ...
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Sponsored Links

Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 11:05am
I got one of those calls,an my oldest grand is 7. But still dose something to you.

But being I generally have a few minutes  to wast: This connection is not so good who are you? Now my grandson became my nephew. To which: My Alzheimer is acting up who are you? To which I got dead air,as the line went dead.

I guess I should not be so cheap and pay for that caller ID. But I never get in a rush since there is a machine. So leave a message if you really got something to tell me. 
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 12:18pm
I just now got a call from an Asian? guy.  Said he was calling regarding the pain I had talked to my pharmacist about.  I hadn't talked to a pharmacist in years!  I told him he had the wrong number and hung up.  My phone immediately came up with a window asking if I wanted to block the number.  I wish it would do that before you answer the phone!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 1:33pm
I have a standard reply to all scammers....
oh, you're the one wnating to buy the tractor? The D-14 or the G ? Which one??

I once(having NOTHING better to do...(coffee wasn't ready..) had a 'survey' chick on for 17 minutes,gave really great answers,man she musthave thought I was  going to buy everything...

now I can *97 the last call for future blocking.That SHOULD be FREE not $5 a month.

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 2:11pm
It's sad that now they are using local numbers to call you and they are on the west coast.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 2:43pm
yep...the latest is when you answer, you will hear a female screaming that she is being abducted, send money!
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 7:29pm
Have not called myself for a few days but keep getting local numbers of late but not the name on caller ID just says the area instead of name - like St Croiz Beach - or the other one - Unknown - then the number . 
 Getting so don't answer the phone - 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 8:25pm
If I don't recognize who's on the caller ID, I don't answer the phone. If they don't leave a message, it wasn't important. Makes my life much simpler.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 8:26pm
About a month ago I was getting a robo call in a female Asian voice "There is a lawsuit at the county court house in your name for the IRS. Kindly return our call to" , and the first few times it was a number in Olathe KS and the call back number was just a few digits different in Olathe. The last couple of times the numbers were from Shreveport LA with the identical voice and message.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 9:53pm
My mother gets the old "Grandma, I need money" call occasionally. She'll ask them, "Is this (inserts fake grandson name)"...? They'll reply, "Yes it is". She promptly hangs up on them.

The caller ID thing sure has become a joke. I was sitting in my living room one night. Me and one son were the only two home, both sitting in the same room. Cell phone rings. Caller ID on it says a call coming in from my home phone number. Hmmmm,....How in the hell does that work....? Did I have a ghost in my house using my home phone...? Well, I am not keen on talking to ghosts, so I didn't answer it. Darrel
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 10:59pm
On any of them unwanted irritating, solicitating, scaminating type calls, I wish I had a butten I could press and send a jolt down the line to the calling party and blow their dam calling machine up...! Evil Smile I would be so happy... to destroy their evil intentions... and works.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 12:58pm
My Mom got one one time that said she had to send money down to Mexico because her grandson was in jail.  Well, he had JUST left her house so luckily she just hung up on them.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 8:10pm
New Scam Alert!! If you have a few minutes, please allow us to entertain you!
Washington County Sheriff's Office

We received a report of a new scam involving Xcel Energy. The suspect provides the phone number of 320-334-2221 requesting you call to avoid a disconnect. Once you call, you get an Xcel greeting and phone tree only no matter what number you select, you get a live person (first clue). Secondly, they tell you that you need to provide payment by moneypak and debit and credit card payments are not accepted (second clue). Commander Ellickson decided to call and see what's up. He told "Anthony" he was calling about his daughter, "Jenny", who received a call from them. He gave the account number of 867-5309 (following us here?). Commander Ellickson said that his name was Thomas aka "Tommy" Tutone. "Anthony" goes ahead with directions on how to get the moneypak at the Walgreens on Osgood Ave., but once Commander Ellickson says he is from the Sheriff's Office, "Anthony" simply replies, "haha". Take a listen. "Anthony" is obviously not familiar with "867-5309" - we know you sang that...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic