This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shopko heating pad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shopko heating pad
    Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 9:14am
Guys I bought one of these last fall. I put it under my lower back when I sit in my recliner. I hadn't used it for a week or so. It was shut off. When I picked it up last night the the shutoff/heat controller was hot to the touch. Put it under my neck last night, shut it off about 2:00 am. I checked the controller this morning and it was not hot. If you got one might wanna ck it out.

Edited by HD6GTOM - 08 Feb 2018 at 9:15am
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 9:17am
was it made by the Crock Pot company?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 9:19am
you are right Tom, any more....anything I buy I let run awhile and then feel the cord or controls. just a good habit to get into, the price you pay for anything like that is nothing compared to what it may cost you! can you get the brand name Tom?
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 10:30am
Mix up some real hot water and epson salts.  Get a small towel and wet it in the mixture.  Put a garbage bag over the heating pad.  Place towel on garbage bag.  place lower back on towel.  Adjust  heat to your liking.  I usually did this on the floor with my lower legs on top of the ottoman.

Forgot to mention, I usually use a brand X pad and they lasted a long time.

Edited by john(MI) - 08 Feb 2018 at 10:31am
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 5:31pm
I've heated damp towels in the micro wave before
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 1:54am
Old gal has one of those socks filled with cherry pits that goes in the microwave, goes around the neck. Works Ok. Heat pad works OK for me lower back. Gonna drop by the local Dr office for a back treatment on Monday. I've gave them two guys enough money the past 30 years to put every member of their family thru college. Oh well!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 7:18am
I had one of them long sock things, was filled with sand, and always gave a moist heat after being in the nuke machine, I lent it out once at work and it never came back, can't find them anymore with sand in them.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 2:22pm
We had one filled with corn that worked good, never popped enough.
Tom
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 7:06pm
It doesn't have a name on it, just says Shopko. Working good tonight, been moving snow for a couple of hours
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

was it made by the Crock Pot company?

LOL! LOL! You been watching too much TV!!!!!
Darwin W. Kurtz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darwin W. Kurtz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 12:19am
Shopko around here is a big joke most of the time
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 7:37am
our Shopco went out of business here, and it was before wally world came to town. their prices were way to high for a farming community!
ryrylee View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryrylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 11:05pm
I also have a quality neck heating pad, but not Shopko. It has helped me a lot in the past three months. Whenever I feel neck pain, I just need to wear it and choose a comfortable massage mode, which will relieve the pain in 15-20 minutes. Now my back and neck feel much better, it effectively removes my stress and tension.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 12:17am
Reminds me of the electric blanket the wife use to use - duel controls - I would turn on both sides about a hour before bedtime . 
 Well started having problems when I would wake up sweating and turn it down or off and then it seemed to get warmer yet 
 FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT - when wife had changed the bedding she had turned the blanket over so control for her side actually controlled my side - her turning it up to get warm and me turning it down to cool off .
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic