This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

11-B Re-power Revisited

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 6:22am
Thank you Cal. Impressive information. Curious how you have picked up so much knowledge on the AC tractors. I am a novice having just picked up my first AC machine this past September.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links

Steve allis dozer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve allis dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 6:36am

Auction #1159103 - Generator: Pacific Diesel Co./Allis-Chalmers, 11000 (14-2447 #16 DFW) BH (E13)

Dswall View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dswall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 9:33am
I have set of pistons part number 74061541 I have one piston sleeve combo but missing o rings and rings. Still looking for bearing
Dustin in CA
ac_sd View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac_sd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 6:38pm
Hoover Tractor and Engine in Woodlands, CA (no longer in Business) did a re-power of HD-11AG's using Cummins repower that worked out very well !! It was done along with UC Davis AG Department !! The DD 4-71N should be very desireable as the HD-9 used the 4-71 for power and !!
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 6:49pm
Those pistons would be the deep cup style from the earlier machines, I need the shallow cup pistons for the later engines.  I did locate 3 pistons, but no sleeves yet.  I would be interested in that sleeve...
So far I've got the main and rod bearings, gaskets, piston rings, water pump, all the bearings to rebuild the fan pulley, tension pulley and accessory drive, front and rear seals, etc.  I've got one really scored sleeve in the engine I'm putting back together (where piston broke), that engine was rebuilt in the 80's I think, has 9200 hours on it.  The other one has 7600 hours on it according to the meter, was never opened as far as I can tell, still has original bearings, date code 9-76, cylinders very glazed.
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 7:54am
Originally posted by jerbob jerbob wrote:

Thank you Cal. Impressive information. Curious how you have picked up so much knowledge on the AC tractors. I am a novice having just picked up my first AC machine this past September.

Thank you.

well to be honest I didn't know enough when I bought the machine or I might have done differently, but as It went I had to learn and figure out how to fix it or I would have had a big boat anchor
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 1:32pm
So I ended up putting the engine together, new rings and honed the old liners.  I found liners after I had already put the engine together!  It ran for 20 hours, then broke another piston..  I just opened it up, put another used piston in the hole with new rings- that hole (#5) is pretty scored.  Ran for 100 hours, and injection pump quit, now got another 200 plus with no more problems, slowly working the "bugs" out.  Time for "new" shoes this winter...
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 1:35pm
Also time to change dozers and add new cutting edge..
Mactractor View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mactractor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 1:51pm
Excellent work Trev. May she run smoothly from now on.

jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 3:53pm
Great work.
HD16DC, Bobcat 863 Turbo, Oliver 1855, John Deere 855,
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 2:22pm
is somethings amazing things that show up on ebay
last year i typed in the part # for a 11000 liner and a dozen showed up on 'mikes garage' at $82.  I bought 7 and my HD6 mate peter oflaherty bought 4.  gotta grab all these 'unobtainium' items when they suddenly appear. !
Minnpar still had head gasket kits for HD11s, but ring groups all got bought up, got a set though for for me luckiy

tits tyres and tracks

they all cost you money
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 8:11pm
Yeah, I ended up getting my rings from "mikesgarage"- MinnPar showed stock, but he was cheaper...  These old warehouse finds are getting more scarce all the time.  I have several boxes full of miscellaneous "NOS" parts etc that I have been hoarding- it gets almost ridiculous after a while.  I took an old HD11EP in trade a few years ago, and it came with a whole lot of brand new parts, including final drive gears and bearings- that was pretty cool.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 8:29pm
I have no first hand knowledge of the 11B motor, but Hastings makes a lot of piston rings... and if they don't list a motor, they have a spec page by OD, ID and thickness.

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 8:34pm
Right- I've used Hastings too- 2C7216
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 11:04am

Edited by Lazyts - 12 Sep 2019 at 11:08am
Mactractor View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mactractor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 5:51pm
She's all good Trev. Well done.
Steve allis dozer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve allis dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 4:31am
Nice job on the engine covers she looks good mate 

R.KYLE View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R.KYLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 8:33pm
TRACTOR LOOKS VERY NICE. I CHANGED MY OLDER HD11 TO AN IN LINE 6-71 AND AM VERY PLEASED WITH IT.
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 9:00pm
Here is another HD11 I repowered with the 685 combine engine this winter.
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 12:21pm
Both your 11 s look great; cheers for sharing Trev
tits tyres and tracks

they all cost you money
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 8:55pm
The EP is not mine, but I did own it at one time.  They have their way of coming back to me for "doctorin'" ...
macrossvfx View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macrossvfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 12:35am
Hello all,
First of all, sorry for my broken English, I am French and havn't practiced since I left school (25 years ago now).
I have a Fiat Allis 745c wheel loader with an Allis Chalmers 11000 mark II engine in it.
This engine, stopped long ago, has one of its six cylinders that needs replacement.
Up to now, I have been unable to find a single liner kit that would include one liner, one piston, its rings and the liner O-rings.
I finally managed to find another 11000 engine I could retrieve a reasonnably good used liner piston and rings but haven't bought it yet.
Then I found this forum.
Do you have an idea where I could get, at best, one new liner kit, even aftermarket, or at least liner O-rings, please ?

My engine is type I.

Btw, happy new year and nice day to every one.

Jean

gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 5:07am
HI  I maybe able to help you with a used piston 4336512 with rings on and a linner or could check with friend if he still have a new spair kit linner piston
macrossvfx View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macrossvfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 6:23am
Hello Gemdozer,
Thank you very much for your answer.
I could find a good used piston+rings and liner here in my old Europe but what I can't find are the liner bottom O'ring seals. These last are the crucial parts I need so I decide to begin replacement.
So I would gladly buy a whole liner kit if these O'rings are included in it.

My engine references are :
11000 mkII 4321428

Edited by macrossvfx - 06 Jan 2021 at 7:08am
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 9:54pm
Liner o-rings are 74337972, 74359869 and 74359870.  Available from minnpar.com or through AGCO.  Also saw them on Ebay.

Edited by Lazyts - 06 Jan 2021 at 9:57pm
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 11:19am
You better ckeck MINNPAR if they have the bottom rings mine on liner are dry and should be no more good.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic