This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H3 Dozer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricky D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H3 Dozer
    Posted: 20 Jun 2010 at 9:10pm
Wondering if anyone can help me find a place that would rebuild a fuel pump from an H3 gasser or where I could find a rebuilt one. The one I have pumped so much pressure that it collapsed the brass float bulbs in the carb. Must be a relief valve stuck or ?????
Ricky D
Sponsored Links

dadsdozerhd5b View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dadsdozerhd5b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2010 at 9:23pm
fuel pump pressure would not collapse the float. the needle would stop the flow first or the extra gas would come out of the breather hole or into the manifold. the floats must have been damaged form an earlier cleaning or something. search e-bay for parts or post a pic on here to see if anyone has one. good luck
HD5B, HD5G, (2) FARMALL A's, CUB. DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, IGNORE THE LAUGHTER. FLANNEL IS ALWAYS IN STYLE.
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 2:17pm
Some of the Oliver guys have put electric fuel pumps on the OC crawlers in place of mechanical pumps. I've seen collapsed floats caused by water in the bowl. It will freeze around the float and crush it. I guess better that than breaking the bowl.

Edited by CTuckerNWIL - 21 Jun 2010 at 2:18pm
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
JoeO(CMO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(CMO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 4:29pm
I am completely in agreement with CTucker on this, I just replaced a float in a D17IV, it was caved in and had fuel level issues and available from supply houses. It works good now. 

Edited by JoeO(CMO) - 18 Jul 2010 at 1:31pm

Ricky D View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricky D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 9:12pm
We had just finished putting a carb kit in the carb, cleaned it up and put it back together. Started it up & couldnt get it to stop flooding itself, lots of black smoke. Took carb apart again and floats were colapsed and gas all over, running out of intake.
Kipn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kipn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 10:35am
Those fuel pumps are an assist to the gravity feed. I don't think they are capable of putting out more than 5 lbs pressure. It will run without it on level ground. The D15 does and doesn't have a fuel pump. Gas flooding was because of the float condition. Float condition was because of.........? Something missing in this story. Replace the float.
1961 H3
Ricky D View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricky D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 6:50pm
We repaired the floats by melting the solder off the pin hole and inflating with air pressure and soldered them back up. Put it together, bypassed the fuel pump, and it runs fine with gravity feed. We've done many carbs but have never had this happen, what am i missing? By the way, float was fine when we put the carb kit in. We checked the float height & all seemed to be fine. ?????
     Oh, one other thing - there was pressure at the carb when we loosed the line from the pump, gas squirted out under pressure, quite a bit of pressure. Again - it works now without the pump.
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 7:12pm
Try hooking a pressure gauge up to the fuel line and see what the pump does.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Kipn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kipn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 9:51am
As CTuckerNWIL says, put a pressure gauge on it. Supposed to be about 3-5lbs. Did somebody else replace the fuel pump with the wrong one? Pretty sure my pump only has one inlet and one outlet, no bypass. I have never seen a mechanical fuel pump build to much pressure, only not enough. Again, we are all missing something here because what you are saying is that a 5lb mech fuel pump broke and now is pumping 50 lbs.??
1961 H3
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic