This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Chalmers B-110

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xPsmallengine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Chalmers B-110
    Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 9:37am
I picked up a 1968 Allis Chalmers b-110 for around $60 and a deck for about $15. There is no starter/generator on the tractor but I managed to get ti to fire off of a prime a few times...  I cleaned the carb but the throttle and choke linkages are REALLY stuck.  Any ideas on what may be wrong and why its not running?  The carb is clean and there is a good spark.
Best
xP
Sponsored Links

xPsmallengine View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xPsmallengine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 9:31pm
*UPDATE* I got it to run and it drove around my yard a few times... it idles really rough and just runs bad in general. The carb is fairly clean but I think it's too rich as the plug was charcoal black when I removed it. Any thoughts?
Jim Hancock View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Hancock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 10:50am
Hi xP! 
Welcome to the forum!Smile
Yes, sounds like it's running rich. 
Is it a new plug or the one that came in it when you picked it up? 
Does it burn oil a little? 
I'd suggest putting in a chainsaw plug(since they burn oil/gas mix) or a hotter plug and see if that smooths it out any. 
Also, run some Chem-Tool B12 in your gas a couple of tanks while working it. 
Might add some Heet to take care of any water issues. 
I ran Heet not too long ago as a starting point when I didn't think that I had water issues and it cleared up the rough running of my engine. 
I run the B12 every few tanks as a precaution as well. 
HTH. 
How blessed we are by HIS GRACE!
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xPsmallengine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 12:17pm
So it runs better now but still really stutters and pops... I'm gonna try a chainsaw plug as the old one was charcoal black and fouled
Jim Hancock View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Hancock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 12:41am
Hi xP.
I had another thought that it might be the condensor on it's way out before it totally quits.
Hope you're getting the issue narrowed down. 
How blessed we are by HIS GRACE!
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xPsmallengine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 7:16am
Alright so I dropped $30 on a new carb and it STILL will not idle correctly. It may be because it's not properly adjusted but it has strong spark and plenty of fuel... I'm guessing it's a stupid small problem that I just cannot pinpoint as it always seems with these tractors
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xPsmallengine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 8:07am
Also there is a linkage that goes from the throttle control to the governor... I'm missing that and wondering if I could make one. Any pics or links to it?
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 9:45am
check the pionts gap as it has a lot to do with spark timing also valve probley need to be lapped so they seal and lash re adjusted
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 4:58am

XP

Here is a link to a Video on how to adjust the Governor on a B & S.

Gary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjYVKRv612g
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 6:35am
running rough...
2 things I'd do
1) clean 100% of the gas system. So, remove tank anbd clean it, replace 100% of the gas lines, new fuel filter, clean carb. 'varnish' builds up and clogs lines, 'melts' off and it gets worse.
2) pull head and remove the carbon buildup. If the plug is an indicator, the head will be layered in carbon. Gently remove 100% of it. Chunks of it will heat up and cause rough running.
3) run premium Shell for a tank or two. Whatever gas that does NOT have ethonal in it. put a glug or 2 of fuel injector cleaner in gas tank every month or so. it'll help keep the innards clean..

Jay

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 8:27am
I was thinking similar to what Jay was thinking especially on the cylinder head. If the Tractor has been sitting a long time, you might have a valve hanging up causing the rough idle and running issue. I pulled the head on an 8HP Briggs a couple years ago with the same type of issues. Intake valve had a tad of rust on the valve stem. A little Kroil and working the valve got it loose. Put it back together and all the issues went away. Fine tuned the Carburetor and it ran like a champ!  I would also suggest cleaning the fuel tank and adding fresh fuel with a dash of Sea Foam to the fuel.  Todays fuel with Ethenol in plays havoc with small air cooled and coolant cooled GT engines.  Every once in a while I have to toss a little Seafoam into the fuel tank of my HT Honda to keep the valves from sticking. When you loose one cylinder on a twin, boy they can run crappy!
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
ACmowerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACmowerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 11:35pm
You need to have the governor link on it. A Briggs dealer can order you a new one.
10 various B-series garden tractors, AC Homesteader8, 416 hydro,710 gt, 914, 916H, 917H, 920D, and many misc attachments
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic