This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Onan engines question?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustydollar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 5:10pm
Gotreck the Simplicity snowblower would be fairly easy to duplicate, mechanically it's pretty simple.

I'll  post the gear ratio of the angle drive and the tooth count on both chain sprockets.

Angle drive is 1.5/1, small chain sprocket 15 teeth, large sprocket 34 teeth.

The fins that make up the auger is called flighting and there are shops that specialize in making it.

If you or anyone else on the forum decides to tackle this project I can give more precise measurements.

You'll notice that the PTO drive is offset for the mule drive on the front of the tractor.

Sponsored Links

rustydollar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustydollar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 2:17pm
Camshafts used in Onan engines may differ.

Credits go to TJ from Onan Parts Com http://www.mytractorforum.com/member...parts-com.html

The Onan cams with casting # 170-4101 are for the 20HP engines. 170-4100 are for the 16-18HP engines.

20HP cams have a slightly higher lift intake lobe.
Bird76Mojo View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird76Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 8:56pm
Fantastic thread here fellas. I have some questions that maybe someone can help with..

I'd like to convert my Onan CCKA in my 616 to a CCKB like my 720 has. I have two NOS shortblocks and will be swapping all of the CCKA parts on to one of them. This is where the questions begin.

What will I need from a CCKB to convert the CCKA to CCKB?

So far I figure I'll need the intake manifold, (aftermarket) carb, rubber intake boot, air filter housing with lid/clamp/cover, and the flywheel shroud. Are there any throttle linkage parts or governor parts I'll need?

You guys all seem very versed in these models so hopefully some of you are still active on the forum.

Thanks in advance!

GB :)
coggonobrien View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 7:46am
get everything for the throttle linkage/governor. I believe the choke and throttle cables are different lengths as well.
Bird76Mojo View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird76Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 6:49pm
I kind of figured they would be needed as well. Thanks for the quick response!

I'll put them on the list.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic