This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Back to the back

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Back to the back
    Posted: 19 May 2017 at 8:59am
Hey guys, I know you really don't wanna hear it but the old back is letting me down STILL. Hard to get much sleep, cannot do ANY real work just take jabs at what has to be done and absolutely NO riding a mower as I have to be helped off the damn thing after an hour.

Been on PT for four weeks trying to get this under control with theory as to SI joint, myofascial muscle breakdown/spasms, tight ham strings, weak core sciatica and so on with nothing 'fixed' seeming to do any help or relief. Now have the appearance of having scoliosis! Techs are not giving up but know there is something deeper as cause.

So it is back to the spine doc that has done so much already, will get imaging done to see if not something either new or missed last time in lumbar back, MRI Thursday, Maybe.
Sponsored Links

Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 10:52am
Dave know where you're coming from had L5 repair back in 1988 and now my back is giving me fits had mri done said quit doing anything or live with it, so I've been eating Aleve like it's candy but getting by, the dam weather changes seem to make it worse, Take care of yourself. Kenny L.   
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 1:36pm
Sorry you are down DMiller, hopefully they can get you fixed up soon!
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 9:34pm
That doesn't sound good. My mother is in the hospital right now with back pain issues. Hope they get you healed up, so you can get back to doing stuff that you can post pictures of on here. darrel
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 11:25pm
Dave, yes hang in there, do what you gotta do to make it work. Something that you need to know,is that you need to wear that orange hat all the time. It has special healing qualities that can't be found any where else in the world,you know kinda like the "RUBY RED SLIPPERS" in the Wizard of Oz (and all this time you didn't know it).

I probably shouldn't have let that secret out. Shameless Dude is about to sign in for- a hat for- a picture. The problem with that would be if it heals all of Shameless's ills, how would the FORUM handle that?

So hang in there and do what you gotta do.

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 11:52pm
I agree with doing what ya gotta do, just be careful in any doctors OR, as you can contract a infection like what happened to me. almost died from it. and if that hat works, i'll be fueling up the diesel and heading for CA! Mel...is an "in-person" meet better than a silly old pic? maybe worth 2 hats?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 7:21am
If you head out there, Shameless, I'll meet up with you somewhere around Cheyenne WY and ride out with you. But I get to pick the places where we eat. No burritos or the likes of for you if I'm riding in the same vehicle as you. I've heard stories about what they do to you. LOL! Darrel
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 11:17am
Man!!! What some guys will do fer one uff dem orange magical hats...

Jess remember , just because Mel puts one of them hats on and magic and the impossible happens, doesn't mean they comes with the same talents an special abilities as when them hats are sitten on Mel & Dave's heads... Shocked   LOL
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 1:26pm
YEP, well said JC
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 2:08pm
I don't think a hundred magical hats would cure what ails me. Darrel
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 2:28pm
Dave, here is what has helped me at different times. I get a hold of something that is over my head and hang there without my feet touching the floor. Try to relax your lower back gradually until completely relaxed, and then hang there as long as you can. Keeping the back relaxed make easy walking motions with your legs. Listen for pops and cracks. When done ease yourself down and lay flat of your back for a little while, then have someone help you up real easy. Sit upright. This can help everything settle into place and stay there. Use ice
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 2:31pm
Absolutely!! love to have you come out for an "in person meet", we could change that silly old picture into a silly new picture too. We can get your avatar picture changes to reflect your new look too. WOW!! what a trip that would be for you.....You know if you had one of those hats on now you could just click your heels together twice and say "there's no place like Redwood Valley...there's no place like Redwood Valley ".....POOF!!! short trip.... you and Darrel wouldn't have to fight over food stops or anything like that. (just sayin) I got to get back to work , I spend to much of my lunch time typin, servicing a 1970 Pete dump truck for my son-in-law to use. Finished HD21B rippin this morning. and have to haul a load of "DOPE WATER" this afternoon..
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 6:14pm
We have been doing stretch therapy at PT, girls there are pretty feisty at making me work pretty hard! They tried a number of relaxation efforts but they mostly ended up just before full relax when whatever bites hits me. The last visit the little tech is fairly certain more stenosis hiding behind something. And IS MAD!

Go back in Tuesday for another round PT then Thursday back to the Doc.
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 11:31pm
Dave, It's important that you get fixed up. So make sure you wear that magic hat when you go through all those PT events. And if you end up hanging from the rafters like Leon mentioned, for sure be wearing that hat. When you get all healed and fixed up you could ride out here to California with Darrel and Shameless, they'll need a referee for the trip.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 11:34pm
It's seldom that a good looking young lady can't make you feel better!  Hope it works for you.

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 8:21am
DMiller, this sounds stupid, but I swear on a stack of bibles that it fixed my back. Get a 93 chevy suburban with the bucket seats up front. Climb in the drivers seat. Push your ass back as tight as you can against the seat back, and start driving. The farther you drive the better your back will feel. Darrel
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 8:55am
Thanks Darrel, I have been using liberal application of liquid analgesics of recent note, specifically Bourbon and more Bourbon sometimes alternated with Rum and more Bourbon!!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 8:58am
Almost forgot the other PT, Gin and tonics followed by potentially or automatic dispenses of more Bourbon!!
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 11:44pm
I have a stand here that does the same thing that Leon does. and it does work! and I agree with Darrel on the seat thing! it's like that in my '98 Chevy pickup, but I can drive my "97 GMC pickup all day long and it don't hurt my back. the old lady's....oooops....I mean the loving wifes '02 burb seats suck!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 4:38pm
Well the doc visit was a bundle of fun today, four direction x-rays, MRI all show the effects of forty+ yeas as a mechanic and hard labor blue collar worker. His take, we could opt for a fusion of bottom two of four that are badly affected with arthritis, is some natural fusion occurring so really not necessary save the fact it appears I keep breaking that growth function apart as I try too hard!

His opinion, fall back to pain mitigation and exercise for core strengthening so pain will minimize, not go way, minimize. I can deal with pain, have done it for forty years can continue on.

Neck is healing very well, can return to normal functions as far as that goes, he suggested I request from my employer any chance of a lesser physical attribute function job, told him already retiring to which he noted good choice.

Guess just have to slow down.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic