This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1939 AC B

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GWHunter3333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1939 AC B
    Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 12:15pm
Hi, I just bought a 1939 Allis Chalmers B and it started ok for the 92 year old man that sold it to me but he had the magic touch. The hand crank slips out of the slot when cranking so you can't turn the motor easy. The hand crank it self is in good condition, it's the slot inside that is worn out. Can that be replaced? I can't find the part but I did find one forum where someone said to just weld it back into shape and grind it to fix it. Has anyone ever done that? 

Thanks!
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 5:39pm
the slot is made into the front crank shaft pulley. Would need to pull radiator to get access.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 5:40pm
ALLIS CHALMERS WC TRACTOR CRANKSHAFT PULLEY AC WC
GWHunter3333 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GWHunter3333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 3:47pm
Thanks Steve. I'll have to pull the radiator to get the crankshaft pulley off so once I get to that point I'll decide if I want to try to weld on it or not. Appreciate the help.
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 5:27pm
I doubt it needs weld, unless the "ears" are broken off. A die grinder with the right stone or burr could possibly fix it right up, but you would probably have to have it off and on the "bench" to work on it.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 9:09pm
Sometimes they are a PITA to get off....... I think I might consider reworking with a die grinder as Tucker said... I would think you could do it on the tractor.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GWHunter3333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 10:10pm
I will post a pic asap.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 10:12pm
GWH-- the pulley is cast. PUll too hard with a jaw press and you will break off the edges...  look close at doing it in place.. Don't remove unless you need to change the crank seal for leaks.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GWHunter3333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 10:14pm
appreciate the tip

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic