This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

715 B

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRAKMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 715 B
    Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 2:54pm

I think I got my photo resized I will give it a try.
Still a little large for the screen.
Working on putting the old hoe back together.
Have replaced filters and fluids. But the shuttle shift appears warn out, as she has no movement.
I got it from a good friend's dad's estate.

Sponsored Links

KRAKMT View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRAKMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 2:02pm
Does anyone know the paint code for Allis Chalmers Industrial equipment Yellow? Will try to paint up parts as I go along.
K
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 9:59pm
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Kipn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kipn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 9:56am
There are several paint codes for Allis yellow. As far as I can tell, nobody bothered to write down what code was used for what years. Somebody suggested they used what ever supplier was cheapest at the time. I mixed a gallon of what I thought looked good/right.
1961 H3
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 10:46am
Here is my modified farm version with extend-a-hoe.
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
KRAKMT View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRAKMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 9:26pm
Pulled the trans/shuttle shift and am having a rebuild kit put in.
When I pulled the torque converter the flex plate was broke in a 1/2 dozen pieces(explains the rattle) and the torque converter looks like someone took a grinder to the mounting hole brackets.
The front fingers look like it was not mounted to the shuttle shift right and are ground down some.
Any suggestions on torque converter rebuild companies?
I notice the flex plate was stamped CAT.

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 8:07am
believe CAT now has controlling ownership of Perkins
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
KRAKMT View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRAKMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2011 at 9:40pm
My 715B lives- took it down to get the mail this afternoon!
It has taken me awhile but I finally replaced the torque converter, pump and rebuilt the shuttle- and it works! Prior owner must have stacked the pump because the shuttle looked good but I still replaced the clutches. Converter and pumper were trashed.
If I was to do it again, heaven forbid, I think I would cut out the rear tranny/engine mount and retrofit in a bolt in brackets. I mention this for the few people that have posted and the apparent common repair need. With the mounts as they are welded to the frame the shuttle/bell housing can only slide back a few inches. Makes sliding the tranny/shuttle/torqueconverter/bellhouseing damn difficult.

I noticed a front cylinder leaking-that will be next. I also noticed a leak out the bottom of the pump- does anyone have a picture of what the frequently mentioned additional pump support bracket looks like? so I can see if I have one. If not any idea where to get one?

darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 8:17am
cool project, KRAK. What part of MT you from, if you don't mind my asking? Darrel
Dnoym N. S. Can. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dnoym N. S. Can. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 8:17am
http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?manuf=Allis%20Chalmers

they change a lot of the codes
since back then if you need more
help let me know
B:-)     Dnoym
KRAKMT View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRAKMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 8:42am
Just north of Billings but I grew up in ND. Spent many years digging trenches by hand- probably the main reason for owning a backhoe.
K
KRAKMT View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRAKMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 8:43am
Dnoyn -great thanks- getting closer to needing a bit o paint.
K
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 8:53am

I will see if i can get picture of the one I made , unsure what the factory used . I used the chrome tongue of a old trailer hitch . It runs from bellhousing up to rear of hyd pump. and fastens onto fitting there with a clamp. 2 bolts into bellhousing and that U clamp to pump keeps it ridgid.

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2013 at 5:54pm
c
KRAKMT View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRAKMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 7:28am

Hey hydraulic experts.

Spent some time and money on the 715 this month but have some deferred maintenance that I would like to defer a little longer. The swing cylinders on the backhoe are leaking pretty badly. I have several other tasks to do before tackling them.
Several years ago I replaced the canister hydraulic housing filter with a screw on filter and replumbed from the pump back to the controls.
I am wondering if I can put a valve in the line after the tee intersection that diverts flow to the fel?
This would shut off flow to backhoe when not in use?
Suggestion for ball valve?

Thanks for the help.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 12:54pm
They make a hydraulic Push / Pull 2 port diverter valve for separation had one on my HD4 for hoe or bucket , on my 715 B there was one in hoe system as they ran a hammer also on the hoe .

KRAKMT View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRAKMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 7:30am
I blew a hose as I was lifting out a pit I made to roast a whole pig.
Which then caused me to pull both swing cylinders.
Hopefully this week I can get the cylinders rebuilt and reinstalled.
I may still install a valve to isolate the hoe since I got everything apart.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 7:44am
Why shut off fluid flow? Does not accomplish anything if not using functions of the hoe.
KRAKMT View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRAKMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 10:06pm
I was hoping to shut off leakage.
I took the two swing cylinders in for rebuild.
If anyone has tips, tricks or recommendations for bushings for the swing pins and the rod ends, I could use the help.
I will try a machine shop but open to options.

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 8:02pm
the cylinders are trunion mounted with the mount about centered on cylinder barrel , they do have a bushing kit for these as I replaced mine when I replaced other bushings on the hoe . Again Minn-Par should have the parts 

david a View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 7:15pm
https://www.joseph.com ;   I got my torque converter from this web site.  just been down this road. You might want to replace the front pump and forward piston. It might be cracked. I have the repair manual if you need info
Ages Cat View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ages Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 10:20pm
Regarding AC yellow, I was told the paint used on late AC machines was national school bus yellow. I am using a Hentzen products on our AC industrial machines. This information came from Cook Sales & Service in Missouri.
Curt Anderson
HD3, HD5B, HD6E, HD6AG,HD6B dozer, I-400, 615, 616,(2) 620, 720, ACP25 lift truck, 1956 D Special Grader, AC 540 loader, AC 655 crawler loader, AC #84 plow, Simplicity lawn tractors.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 12:04am
your link to Joseph doesn't seem to work 
david a View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 4:33am
https://www.joseph.com

Edited by david a - 10 Jul 2020 at 4:34am
KRAKMT View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRAKMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 11:47am
I just happened to have used Joseph and did replace pump plate and converter.
They were cheapest, shipped fast and good to work with.
KRAKMT View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRAKMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 11:50am
I took hoe swing cylinders in to hydraulic shop.
Estimate $1800 per cylinder for repairs.
One has a broken piston, the trunnions are egg shaped, the eyes are egg shaped.
Any one have a spare piston?
KRAKMT View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRAKMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 12:09pm
Anyone know if case made a model that was a direct copy of the 715b?
At least as it applies to the swing cylinders?
https://www.brokentractor.com/c/case-backhoe/hydraulic-cylinder/swing-cylinder-parts/

Edited by KRAKMT - 11 Jul 2020 at 12:12pm
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 2:21pm
Do not know if Case did but the Fiat Hitachi versions seemed a close second upgrade.
Chris Dame View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Dame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2023 at 9:58am
Looking for valve assembly for 715D part #1002958 if anyone could help
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic