This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bought a companion for the forty-five

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bought a companion for the forty-five
    Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 8:58pm
On auction time today, I got an AD 3 for 200 bucks. No engine in it, but one comes with it that is advertised as being "loose". Bought it sight un-seen. About 30 miles from home, so not too bad a distance. Like I really needed another project, but I have allis fever so bad, I can't help myself. Darrel
Sponsored Links

shameless (ne) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 11:08pm
I thoughts you said you was broked?
Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 12:25am
Originally posted by shameless (ne) shameless (ne) wrote:

I thoughts you said you was broked?

"Broke or not broke" a new purchase helps to lower the fever LOL
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 1:15am
Dale, he is now!
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 7:23am

I am broke. I am goin to start up a custom road grading business to get "un-broke". Darrel
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 8:20am
AD3 should be very similiar to forty-five except motor and minor changes
 nice score.  worth $200 if it has 1 good tire lol

Edited by CAL(KS) - 13 Oct 2016 at 8:21am
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 11:50am
Anyone know if the AD3 and forty-five have the same transmission. ..? Thanks, Darrel
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 4:09pm
Darrel

According to the parts book there were gearbox changes at #785 and #1548.

By the illustration those before #785 had straight cut gears (except #779).

I'd doubt that they'd have tooled up for 785 boxes to then change so these might have been carried over from previous.

I have no earlier literature to help with this.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 4:56pm
Thanks Ian. I think the transmission was from an outside supplier, so they were probably at the mercy of what was available
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 7:17pm
Darrel

In that event maybe have a look and see if some other maker of graders was using something similar.  I suspect there was a fair bit of using what was available going on.

It looks like the 45 brake assembly might be the same as the early Cat 12s for instance.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 2:34am
"advertised as being loose"???? I knew some gals from ND like that once! what....you starting a new parts yard for road graders?
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 4:15am
Shameless

Then there was that spoof ad

"Ford pills will keep you walking
All through the night"
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 9:06am

"advertised as being loose"???? I knew some gals from ND like that once! what....you starting a new parts yard for road graders?

loose girls. ...here in ND. ...? I lived here my whole life and ain't found any. You must have a nose for that kind of thing. Darrel
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 12:16pm
lol @ Ian....
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 12:18pm
you musta been sheltered as a young'in Darrell! lol
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 10:26pm
Well Shameless. Where I grew up, it was slightly remote area. 4 miles away from a town of about 100. 20 miles to a town of 800. And a long ways from anywhere. But, I did always manage to find a prom date, and it was female, and was of the human species. Lol. Darrel
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 11:10pm
Darrel

Then not like one of the wilder parts of Oz then - the Northern Territory in the past described as "the home of wanted men and unwanted women".

And an even more un-pc one "Necessity is the mother of invention and the father of (deleted or I'm likely banned)"
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2016 at 7:58pm
was you 2 the only ones at the prom? LMAO! (poke,poke,poke)
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 2:36am
Shameless

If I was Darrel about now I'd be reminding you "There's things for me to know and you to guess"
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 6:22am
lol....oh....i'm sure he'll gits even with me down the road Ian! lol
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 6:45am

was you 2 the only ones at the prom? LMAO! (poke,poke,poke)

well of course we was. Prom that way is a lot more fun than when you have a whole room full of people, Darrel
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 2:35pm
Tell him Darrel Wink
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by darrel in ND darrel in ND wrote:

Well Shameless. Where I grew up, it was slightly remote area. 4 miles away from a town of about 100. 20 miles to a town of 800. And a long ways from anywhere. But, I did always manage to find a prom date, and it was female, and was of the human species. Lol. Darrel

3 summers ago I helped a friend haul a 4WD tractor and scraper pan up there west of Minot and returned across US2 through Grand Forks.I never seen so much country with no dwellings.Seemed like you drove forever before seeing a one horse villa.I'd think it would be hard to find a date let alone a bunch of loose weomen.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 9:08pm
Steve, you was in the populated part of the state. You got to get down into the south western part to get to the sparsely populated area. But if there was only one loose woman in the whole state, Shameless would find her! Lol Darrel
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 9:10pm
Wait a minute here. How did we go from talking about road graders to loose women, all in the same post. Oh, duh me. Shameless is involved. Darrel
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 9:13pm
Is everything up north in CRP? You'd see nothing but grass/weeds clear over the horizion and now and again there would be some cattle but not many.This was in June or July.Then there were the geese catchers....
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 9:16pm
You should have seen a fair jag of farmland in that country
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 9:22pm
It's been a couple yrs and I got CRS....maybe closer to "Forks" there was crops? Where I'm from,theres nothing but crops in every field and direction.It was very unusual to me.I thought I was in "no man's land"!
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 10:08pm
SteveM

What cityites really don't get is that when the houses get closer than 4 miles it is getting overpopulated

Edited by Ian Beale - 29 Oct 2016 at 10:09pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic