This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tire Presure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stroud65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tire Presure
    Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 8:24am
I'm running a set of 18.4-38 Firestone radials on my 7000 Allis and I'm wandering what presure I should be running in them. I've been pulling 8500 and 9000lb classes.
Thanks,
Matt
Sponsored Links

dawntreader74 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dawntreader74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 7:23pm
are they cut tires or not cut
zulawski87 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zulawski87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 6:12pm
I would say 10 to 13 pounds. Radial will squat and flex a lot easier than a bias tire
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 7:13pm
Tire pressure for pulling depends on a lot of things.....rim width.....tire lug bar wear or type of cut.....ply rating.....tractor weight.....tire brand.....etc,etc, etc. The correct pressure is what puts you down the track the farthest !! I've run a couple of sets of B.F. Goodrich 20.8 x 38 radials over the years at 25 psi in the 11,000 and up classes on 18 inch rims.
Stroud65 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stroud65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 7:57pm
Non cut tires. There's not much lug on them. Ran 20psi today at a pull and didn't feel like I hooked up very good. I think it's time to drop the presure
rowcropmafia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowcropmafia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 8:26pm
I would think you would want to be at or a little under 15lbs i usually run 8-12 psi at 6500lb radials
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic