This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC Road Grader

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5Points Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC Road Grader
    Posted: 21 May 2010 at 8:19am
Found this on the Pensacola area Craigslist:

Sponsored Links

GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 10:53am
did you buy it?
Charles Craig View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charles Craig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 11:32am
   that looks like a "D" model grader justlike the one I own.
AC BD3 roadgrader "D" road grader SIX "old" cars Farmall 300
DonBC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 1:10pm
It has a lot of the optional features such as leaning front axle, power circle, shift-able moldboard and scarifier. Cosmetically it certainly could stand a new paint job and it needs a set of matching tires on the rear tandems as the four wheels are locked together and it causes extra stress and wear if the tires are not matching. It seems like a fair price if it runs well. Too bad they didn't note the serial number so we could know what year it is.
Jack of all trades, master of none
DonBC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 1:18pm
I took a second look at the pictures. The engine doesn't look right and it may have been re-powered with something different. The engine isn't tall enough to be the gas 226 engine and the exhaust isn't in the right location. You can see the serial number tag in one photo. It is too bad the serial number was not posted.
Jack of all trades, master of none
5Points View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5Points Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 4:25pm
No, I didn't buy it.  I just thought I'd post the link in case anyone else was interested.
Charles Craig View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charles Craig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 4:51pm
  Hey DonBC   I think you dont have a moveable table on youir grader, but do you have had any exposure  to them? Mine is acting up and need some helpful hints as to troubleshooting it.  TIA    CC
AC BD3 roadgrader "D" road grader SIX "old" cars Farmall 300
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic