This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Albion PA pulling pictures 8-6-16

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Albion PA pulling pictures 8-6-16
    Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 8:50pm
Folks,
 Not really a puller here, just having some fun with old tractors at our local pull! This is a new track and is only about 2 miles from my house.

Here is a shot of two of the three I took. Friend Jim hauled the WD and I moved the D17 and Gary G's WD. We were at breakfast about a half mile from the pull. I also took the WD narrow front end.

I think Dave wanted a picture of my hitch on the D17.
These little slide on weights are only 14 lb each. much easier to move. and we did several times.

Friend Gary G has a nice WD set up and it does a very good job! Since he doesn't have a trailer I hauled for him. He won first in the 3500 antique class.

Weigh in on portable scales. I had 5 weights on the D17 and was at 5570 with the loaded tires.
Here is Jim getting weighed in, he had all the weights on the 17 and was light in the 6000 class at 5880 I think?

Me checking tire pressure on the WD's. You don't catch me actually doing something very often!:)

The tractors resting between classes.

Getting lined up on the boat, I got third in the 3500 lb class with Dad's old WD.

Friend Brad B. With his WC. He is very competitive with it and a D17. He had a hand full of firsts and second place ribbons at the end of the day.

Jim B. pulling the wide front WD. I don't think he placed in the 4000 lb class. Track was as hard as the old tires!

Me and the 17. I took first in the 5500 lb farm stock class and third in the antique class.

Jim pulling my 17, in the 6000 lb class.

We had a good time visiting with friends and turning some dirt.
Jim and I entered 8 classes and came home with 2 firsts, 1 second, and 2 third place ribbons!

Regards,
 Chris

Edited by Sugarmaker - 10 Aug 2016 at 9:18pm
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Sponsored Links

Allis dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 7:07am
Looks like you and your buddies are having a great time and making the competition beware of the orange too. Pretty impressive for some old stock tractors! Most important you guys are having fun.
How's that hitch work. Did you take off half of the 2 piece drawbar?

Edited by Allis dave - 10 Aug 2016 at 7:08am
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 9:24pm
Dave,
 I made custom short drawbar that fits the snap coupler. Yes single piece only.
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 8:48pm
Cool! You guys showed em!
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic