This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1977 Allis Chalmer 7020 Belly Color

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiltthom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 10:39am
This was a robbery turned murder by two dope heads.  The woman used to work for him at the dealership. Don't post "what you heard".
Sponsored Links

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by wiltthom wiltthom wrote:

This was a robbery turned murder by two dope heads.  The woman used to work for him at the dealership. Don't post "what you heard".
Wacko
You joined to make a comment on a thread over 2 years old?  Must feel pretty strongly.  I'm guessing your comment is regarding tbran's story?  Which happened ~40 years ago???  I think it's ok to post what you heard at this point.  What else is there?
wiltthom View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiltthom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 3:52pm
Seems that way doesn’t it? It happened about 20 years ago if my math is correct. My point is, if you don’t know what happened, you shouldn’t speculate over what the locals said and post what you think happened.
tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 9:29pm
Well, wow, sorry if I hit a nerve . Billy was a long time friend. Took several trips together, sold him parts after he went out of the AC business when no one else would. Some of his stories are almost legendary as told by his customers who from time to time visit and still tell us tales of Billy's endeavors. I 'called' on Billy as a AC rep. If you are a relative I meant no ill will , just relaying the legend how tough that ole Billy was. So sad others in his family fell victim to so much violence as well...but....
When told "it's not the money,it's the principle", remember, it's always the money..
1970sFarmer View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1970sFarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 6:50am
Then I must have sat upon a tractor that was re-skinned.  I remember 7020, because it never felt like it rolled off the tongue like JD'S 4020, IH 1486, or MF 1105...

It could've been a 7040, it was a strong running beast.

I remember the high/low on the right leg side console succinctly because of one of Dad"s pissed off kick the cat days, he was mad at me for running in the wrong range. He stopped me ran up and jumped and grabbed the lever and yanked forward into high range.

Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1970sFarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 6:52am
Appreciate it. I am gonna say it was a 7040 with wrong emblems.
lol. 
Until I can find papers, which we will soon be going through, Dad died Feb 2017, and it is getting close for Mom to go through the disposal phase, I will agree there is something fishy about the fertilizer.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1970sFarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 6:53am
That's what we called a hipper, 
Someone's explanation about creating a flat top on the furrow is correct, kinda a trapezoidal ridge.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1970sFarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 6:55am
Open station or "ROPS"
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1970sFarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 7:01am
First tractor we had, was a Deutz 10006, apprx 100 pto.
I would pull the disc we had 3 to 5 miles an hours easily, unless the soil was little to sandy, or wet, then we ran into a traction problem, running singles, with worn tire lugs.

The A/C just kinda loped with the disc, didn't even slow down when cutting to disc axle depth, approx 12" deep. the "PICO" brand disc had largest disc I had ever saw beside the ones pulled behind dozers on virgin ground. You know the rough terrain style, offset disc.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 7:35am
This is one of the more bizarre conversations I've ever seen. Wacko  Downright funny in a way!

2  years and 4 months go by, someone joins the forum to specifically post about a murder mystery in Buford Pusser territory on a question about a tractor model from a confusing old memory.  Then the OP comes on answering questions from before like no time went by at all.  Wow, only on the internet!  LOL

Edited by Tbone95 - 24 Oct 2018 at 7:35am
allisrutledge View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 7:58am
Twilight zone- full moon?
Allis Chalmers still exist in my mind and barns
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1970sFarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 8:15am
Only shows, guys, that I have non-chew gum and walk at the same time, kinda of mind.

I may be in the blue shadows, but I never sail in amongst the twilight zone.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1970sFarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 8:18am
We be ole friends, right. Dirt in our fingernails, red on our necks, but skin cancer.

Why not?  One global community as long as it stays within the county lines.
lol.....
exSW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 6:20pm
I don't know much about AC's but I spent a lot of time in West TN in the early to mid '80's. Think he might have had a test mule that escaped? Dewey Lynn had all kinds of stuff.

Edited by exSW - 24 Oct 2018 at 6:22pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic