This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone put a turbo on a B?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skeeters65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone put a turbo on a B?
    Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 6:55pm
Just curious. Looking for a project, just not sure if the motor and carb respond well to boost.

Anyone done it?

Thanks
Sponsored Links

CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 7:57pm
I'd like to know as well....hehehe Wink
skeeters65 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skeeters65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 8:06pm
Do you know something your not telling?
Zaddison View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaddison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 9:07pm
Never on a b but I did help a friend build a WC with one. You can make it work but it takes time and a lot of money to make any real power. I would start with arp head studs, billit rods and a big carb. After that and the turbo parts you are looking at just as much or more money as a naturally aspirated motor. That being said I like turbos and one or two on about everything I own. Just not my Antique pullers.

Edited by Zaddison - 21 Dec 2015 at 9:09pm
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by skeeters65 skeeters65 wrote:

Do you know something your not telling?
Nope, just thinking about all the things my B could do if it had a little more power. Maybe a nice flame coming out the stack lol
Charlie175 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2015 at 5:23am
PaulB on here has one on his CA so it's the same thing.
Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD
dgerth View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgerth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2015 at 8:27am
Why not just build a 149 motor for it? Most likely cheaper and for sure easier. The front wheels would spend most of their time in the air any way. My two shekels worth. CA's rule!
dg
bigcountry48 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigcountry48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2015 at 11:58am
I'm not sure what the most bang for your buck would be, but a turbo b would be super cool!! I say go for it!
1950 B, 1952 pulling wd, and 1954 wd45
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2015 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by dgerth dgerth wrote:

Why not just build a 149 motor for it? Most likely cheaper and for sure easier. The front wheels would spend most of their time in the air any way. My two shekels worth. CA's rule!
dg

Better yet a 160 from a D15!
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2015 at 4:12pm
i heard a story from on here where a guy supped up his allis b, that guy was found dead and the tractor out of gas and on top of him. when one of his buddys was roading it down to be sold he opened her up and it pulled the front wheels off the ground in road gear with nothing behind it.

morale of the story, a b is not the right candidate for alot of power, you could add wheely bars if you want but you have been warned.
hi my names dan, I am a young guy. i have a problem, i prefer my tractors orange and my clutches mechanical, thanks for letting me share
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skeeters65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2015 at 5:15pm
That sounds exactly like what I want!!!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skeeters65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2015 at 5:15pm
Minus the dead part!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic