This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gleaner E engine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48ACWD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gleaner E engine
    Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 8:20am
Got a M code d17 from a combine. What would I have to do internally to make around 100hp. Is it possible to do with out having to stroke it. How much could I gain with new pistons and some head work. Thanks
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 9:16am
What RULES are you working with????????? stock RPM's or open RPM's......stock appearing carburetor?? or any carburetor??. Your engine currently is 63 flywheel HP at 1,650 rated RPM's with 211 ft lbs of torque. If you double the RPM's to 3,300 and get a big enough carb/manifold and camshaft that will maintain 211 ft lbs of torque, you will have 126 HP.
48ACWD View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48ACWD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 12:06pm
Thanks Dr Allis. I have a no rpm rule in the pure stock class I run however things have to appear stock. I have a tsx 871 carb for the engine that hasn't bin sent for rebuild yet.
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 7:19pm
3300 RPM on a 226 engine?????
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 8:12pm
Local pullers here commonly spin at 4,500 to 5,000 rpm.

Of course I've seen one split lengthwise with lifters and cam chunks lying on the ground.

Edited by Lonn - 25 Nov 2015 at 8:14pm
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
TennMatt1 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TennMatt1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 11:57pm
I've never seen one a hundred horsepower and it not be stroked.There's just not much to work with.I can turn my allis 3500rpm and I know it ain't making 100hp. Now I don't have the cam to match that rpm but a Allis head is just that..it's flat so shaving them doesn't do anything. I've got mine tuned about as fine as it will get and I might make 70 hp but do not know truthfully .Now I don't have a gleaner block,mines a 45 block but block doesn't matter...It's what's on the inside.
1954 WD45
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 7:49am
If you maintain the same 211 ft pounds of torque at 2620 RPM you will mathematically make 100 HP, but that can't be done with a stock carb and cam. 100 HP at 1800 RPM is a whole different thing but the original question didn't specify anything other than making 100 HP.
Macon Rounds View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 8:06pm
Light weight aluminum pistons and billet connecting rods..... with Doc's recomendations ...... Turn it up and hang on !!!!
The Allis "D" Series Tractors, Gravely Walk behind Tractors, Cowboy Action Shooting !!!!!!! And Checkmate
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic