This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment -Knowledge Base
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New section

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New section
    Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 12:29pm
I thought this might help clean up the farm equipment section by moving reference articles here.  Only moderators can move/create articles.  
If you see something in other areas that you think should be here, contact a moderator.
Sponsored Links

BobDinNC View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobDinNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 4:19pm
Good idea. Well done.
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 4:15pm
This is a great idea. There was a thread recently about the different piston types for g 226 motor it would be great to keep the thread with the photos of those pistons here.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 6:40pm
How bout a thread on rusted/busted bolt removal.  Everybody's methods for removing that stubborn bolt...
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 7:11pm
 This section was needed ... I too would like the thread of the 226 pistons here for future referencing.
 THANK YOU!
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
DonDittmar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonDittmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 7:38pm
PM'd info on my power director adjustment video
Experience is a fancy name for past mistakes. "Great moments are born from great opportunity"

1968 D15D,1962 D19D
Also 1965 Cub Loboy and 1958 JD 720 Diesel Pony Start
Gary in da UP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary in da UP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 7:56pm
If the threads are labeled to accurately describe the topic, and it stays on topic, then it will be very usefull .
Ron(AB) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron(AB) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 11:57pm
The 540/1000 pto changeover from the big shaft 1000 found on 8070 + 7080's is a good reference post. I'm doing mine presently. Also note the pto shield is different. The big shaft 1000 pto has a larger - wider and deeper - shield.   This has been recently posted.
Thanks,
Ron
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 9:53am
moderator,
how bout putting the picture of the char-lynn parts diagram/assembly directions I've put on sometime back? it needs to be resized to fit on the page though
matador View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 10:33pm
I can't remember the article's exact name, but I think we should have a "How to tell if you have a WD or WD45" article in here. I've seen that asked many times.

I love the new section- I think it'll be a great asset!
redline View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2015 at 9:44am
I like your plan. Just another of the many reasons this is the greatest web site on the net!
If it weren't for the last minute, I wouldn't get anything done!
TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 9:02am
Oils and all fluids actually would likely find a better home over here. Many opinions on weights/brands for multiple geographic areas and light vs. continuous use makes this a greatly debated topic.
Appreciate all you moderators do for this excellent site!
mruhlig77 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mruhlig77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 10:32am
The recent wagon gear updates would be good on the knowledge base..includes some literature posts...Mark
Moderator View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moderator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 9:54pm
Sorry I haven't been keeping up here.  Post a link to those threads you think should be here, and I'll get them moved.
============================================================

The moderator at any given time may be the forum owner, or a trusted assistant. Your cooperation is appreciated. Thank You
NewToMe View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewToMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 9:05pm
Hi guys just wondering if you can help me, having an issue with my tractor D15 II backfires when turned off other than that everything works great.....i opened the hood and found a muffler with a hose clamp and aluminum foil wrapped around it wondering if this is the cause going to fix it this weekend any help would be nice. 
Hunt4Allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunt4Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 8:55am
This is awesome, thanks!
Keith M View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 2:37pm
Moderators,

I’m looking for help ,information on the D-12 Series III high low speed option. I know it was offered as a transmission type gear box that bolted between the transmission and rear end giving you 8 forward speeds. It also created more room for the operator. I’m not sure what AC called the high low transmission addition. I have an earlier Series D-12. Would this high low transmission retro fit earlier models. I know I’ve asked a lot. Just looking for answers and help. Thanks, from Kentucky
Fishfry View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fishfry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 9:28am
I new and looking for some help.

Have a chance to buy a Allis-Chalmers 7630, buy hard to find info on it.
Parts are hard to find.
Is this a good tractor or not, and can I keep it running and be able to repair it.
Thanks for your help.
hope I posted in the right spot
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 3:23pm
you posted in the NEW SECTION which is a couple years old... You want the FARM SECTION...

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic