This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prestolite distributor springs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prestolite distributor springs
    Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 11:26am
My neighbor has a 1970 Case 580CK backhoe with a gas engine.
He can not find replacement springs for the Prestolite IBT 4403-A distributor.
PM me if you know where he can find a set of them.

Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 6:12pm
Might be easier to convert to pertronix... If you have a local generator, distributor and starter rebuild shop, they prolly can get them...
Gary in da UP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary in da UP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 6:43pm
Steve at B&B is who I would contact.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2015 at 12:57pm
I may have them in stock. I carry some Prestolite parts. When I git' to the shop this evening, I'll check that Distributor number and see what I have. Prestolite Distributors are a little more fussy with advance weights and springs than the Delco versions...
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Baddogih View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baddogih Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 2:30pm
Do you have any springs for a prestolite distributor? I have been looking for a pair for a John Deere that are broken.
Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 3:58pm
Baddogih,

Contact Steve directly at B&B custom Circuits if you haven't done so. This link will take you to his website. You will want the numbers and info from your distributor's tag, if it exists.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 8:13am
Ya know, I'm not in this category to often, but yesterday or the day before I happen to be on lunch at work and was wandering through and saw that I had forgotten all about lookin' up Distributor springs for Clay! Clay, I apologize for being brain dead for 2 1/2 years!  When I got home I went in the wire shop and looked to see if I had them. Unfortunately, I did not have springs for that particular Distributor anyway, but if you have the Distributor number off of your JD Baddogih I'll look for you while its fresh in my mind. Whew, a mind is a terrible thing to waste. I do have a lot on my plate......  LOL!
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic