This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis 5030

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis 5030
    Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 5:36pm
 what can you tell me about  the 5030, i might look at one with 2000 hours on it, 3 pt but no attachments,what kind of deck could it handle, how costly to repair, there is also a deere 750 with loader  what would be the better choice?   general yard work  use. 
Play on 38 B 49 WF , working on D14, D15 B10, Bee 12 B110. use 185 and 190
Sponsored Links

Kurzy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kurzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 5:30pm
Howdy,
AC 5030/ 5020 were petty much same tractor, except for hp. Very nice tractors, great on fuel, start and go. Only down fall is parts of course. Call the right people and you will  be ok. Some can get parts and others can"t.

Kurzy
TramwayGuy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2015 at 7:00pm
I have a 5030, I run a Bush hog Squealer 5 ft with it.  The PTO is NOT live, but it does have a built-in Overrunning clutch that works really well with the mower.
Hydraulics are live.  My tractor is an earlier one, it only has a 4 speed transmission + 2-speed range tranny.  Later tractors have a 3-speed range transmission, and fills in a gap between 4-low and 1-high.  Paid about $2600 at an auction, with turf tires all round.  I really like it.
There is no power steering, and I don't see how it could be added, so I wouldn't think it would be much of a loader tractor.
So far haven't needed much for parts.  Fan Belt and starter solenoid (starter solenoid same as Nissan Diesel Pickup),  Filters and muffler.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 11:41am
I have a 5020 that  came with a 5' belly mower run off of an electric clutch on the front of the engine.  I took it off and I'm now using a 3 point 6' woods finish mower.  It works great, I'm mowing about 3 acres.

It has turf tires all around and I really don't see a need for PS unless it had a loader it might be nice!

I paid $2K for mine a few years back.  I saw a couple 5030's at an auction go for over $3K.  They had the 3 range trans and the guy wanted them for cultivating veggies.  And they were in ruff shape!

D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic