This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SFW tire size for D17, D15 or WD45 high crop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
daveingreenbay View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveingreenbay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SFW tire size for D17, D15 or WD45 high crop
    Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 10:00pm
Thanks, Bill for the pictures of the Oxnard cultivator on the sfwhc.  I have seen that type wheel on some D series before, but never on a WD, or WD45.  That was interesting to see.  Thanks Larry for posting a picture of my  tractor.  The rims on my tractor are what is shown in the parts book along with the 9 bolt to 8 bolt adapters.  Bill, the rim width on my tractor, in case you are interested is 10".  Thanks again both of you for sharing.
Sponsored Links

GBACBFan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBACBFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 9:07pm
Dave's beautiful restoration.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine." - Mark Twain
BILLP-SE-MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BILLP-SE-MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 8:59pm
Here ya go Dave
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveingreenbay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 8:06pm
Bill, My WD45 SFWHC came with 38" Power Shift rims and centers.  They are the same as the ones on my D-15 Hi-Clearance.  I assumed they were the wrong ones, because my WD45 parts book, doesn`t show a power shift for a `45, just a two piece  9 hole dish wheel with the adapters.  Is there any chance you could fax a copy of the page out of the vegetable cultivators manual showing both styles of wheels used?  My fax # is 1-206-350-7079.  Thanks 
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BILLP-SE-MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 7:40pm
 Dave, all I have is the fork & wheel. My 1957 WD45 is in the barn waiting to be redone. One of the manuals I have Is the "WD" vegetable cultivators. It shows a WD45 sfw  hc on the cover and pictures of the WD sfw and WD45 sfw high crops. There is pictures of both wheel styles in it, the dish wheel centers and the spin out rims. I would like to make the spin out type. I would just need to know what size rim withs to ues for the 38" and the 28" and get a pattern for rim spacers. In my WD & wd45 tractor manuals shows a tire size of 9-38 tire. Or find some HC rims & wheel parts. Have a good on Bill P
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveingreenbay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 9:33pm
I have a 1955 WD45 SFWHC with the exact same heavy 16" cast wheel and an extended fork.  It originally came with a 7.50-16" highway tread truck tire.  I restored it with a 7.50-16" implement tire rather than a tri-rib tractor frt. tire.  BTW, what type of rear wheels does your HC have, are they 38" power shift, or two piece dished disc with nine bolt to eight bolt adapters and  rims that bolt to the centers?
Randy(Mo) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy(Mo) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 6:06pm
All single front wheels that was converted to high crop has the piece added in the forks. I was told that is the way Allis made the H/C single front and added a 650-16 tire.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BILLP-SE-MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 5:12pm

Here's a pic

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BILLP-SE-MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 4:56pm
What the tire size for single front wheel D series or late WD45 high crops  front tire. My WD sfw has a 900-10, not a HC. The cast wheel I have is 16"x 5.5" and the fork has been extended for this cast spoke wheel. Thanks Bill P
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic