This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sickle bar mower part.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aforeman80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sickle bar mower part.
    Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 10:48am
My father bought this snap coupler mower a few months ago and while he was using it a few weeks ago what looks like a pitman arm broke. I am hoping that I can find this part for him as he really enjoys using it. I will attach a few pictures of the mower and the broken part to hopefully find parts.
Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 6:08pm
Twin wheel drive arm.  Bolts to blade. I'm guessing a #7 rear mount mower.  Others will chime in, if I am wrong.  Hard part to find, unfortunately...

Edited by DiyDave - 31 Jul 2015 at 6:11pm
aforeman80 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aforeman80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 8:40am
Yes. I have been told that it is a number 7 twin wheel mower, but I didn't know if anyone on here might have a part or be able to point me in the right direction of one. I want to thank all of you in advance for any and all help.
Matt (Jordan,MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt (Jordan,MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 9:21am
I have one of those that I will sell. Send me a pm if your still looking.   Thanks matt
Owner of Matt Scott LLC
Specializing in NOS and used Allis Chalmers tractor & implement parts & liturature and Magneto Repair
http://www.mattscottllc.com/
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aforeman80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2015 at 10:27pm
We finally got it torn down and figured out that it needs some new bearings. This is what we found, but I don't know if the bearings in these arms are replaceable or I have to replace the entire arm. I am grateful for any and all help. Thank you all.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aforeman80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2015 at 10:28pm
DennisA (IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DennisA (IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2015 at 10:36pm
The bearings are replaceable. Yes you do have a #7 mower. Hope you fine all the parts you need.

Edited by DennisA (IL) - 07 Aug 2015 at 10:36pm
Thanks & God Bless

Dennis
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aforeman80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 1:01pm
Ok. I need to know if I need to grind out the rivets to get the bearings out or if they come as a set. I just want to get his mower going again. Thank you for all of your help.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DennisA (IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 7:52pm
Did some more checking for you. Looks like the part is sold as an assembly. Here is the part number I have found 70803978. Your mower is one of the early #7 mowers. Your best bet would be an AGCO dealer and hope for NOS parts. If you like I could contact my dealer to see if they could find one. Let me know.
Thanks & God Bless

Dennis
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 8:32pm
It looks to me like the side the nut goes on, has a snap ring. If it is, remove that and push on the head of the bolt to get the bearing out.

http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Spelt Farmer View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spelt Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 9:17pm
My gut feeling is that you will have to grind off the rivets to get the bearing out.

-Aaron
Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 9:27pm
Like CTucker says it certainly "looks" like there is a snap ring holding that bearing.
On the other hand, like Aaron says it may be necessary to grind the rivets.
In any even, this is the first "two piece" connecting rod I've seen and there must be a reason that it is sold as a complete assembly including the bearing.
The parts book lists a bearing as being available for the one-piece rod only.
My question....are the bearings bad enough they need replacing.
Those expensive little bearings on the small end of the rods look to be in good shape.
Spelt Farmer View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spelt Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by Brian G.  NY Brian G. NY wrote:

My question....are the bearings bad enough they need replacing.
Those expensive little bearings on the small end of the rods look to be in good shape.

Just curious, are those the same goofy aircraft bearings Allis used on the 80 series mowers?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DennisA (IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 11:48pm
It this point you really have other option than to remove the rivets. The newer style connecting rods will not work with out replacing the flywheel as well.
Thanks & God Bless

Dennis
Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 8:56am
Aaron,

The bearings on the small end of the rod are those unusual "KP" aircraft 
bearings you speak of. Not so easy to come by locally but are available from 
"Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co". I bought a pair of the KP-8s in '09 for 
$33.00 a pop.
I believe the small bearing used on the two piece rod (Ser.# below 10601), 
is the KP-6 which has an OS Dia. of 1.4375".
The small bearing used on #7 mowers Ser. #10601 and up 
(and the 80 & 82 series) is the KP-8 which has an OS Dia. of 1.6875".
If the bearings on the large end of the two piece rod are the same 
as those in the one piece rods, they are common bearings available at any auto
parts store. The last ones I bought back in '99 were #SPE 6304 at $16.99 each.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DennisA (IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 11:37am
I called my dealer and you can still get a couple that are NOS, but Agco no longer supplies them. Dealer is A.C. McCarteny's 815-248-2161. If you want you better jump on them before someone else does.
Thanks & God Bless

Dennis
mdefelice91171 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdefelice91171 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 8:28am
Hi guys, just found this post while looking for info on my No. 7 as well.  I've got it all hooked up and am trying to determine which parts I am missing.  Turns out I need the ENTIRE swath board assembly and outer shoe.  Basically my bar has nothing on the outside end so I'm looking for all the parts.  Also, I am looking for the bar support angle and all the parts to go with it. Sorry I don't have a source for bearings, but I am new to this machine also.  If anyone has and is willing to sell me the parts I need, please email or PM.  Michael.c.defelice@gmail.com 727-422-3360.  Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic