This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ot hay loader

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ot hay loader
    Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 9:21pm

Today a customer showed me an old hay loader that was on the property when he bought it, the type that used to be pulled behind a hayrack and would pick up the hay and elevate it to the back of the haywagon.  It looks like it is all there, but the wooden slats are long gone....he said I could have it if I restored it for our annual pet charity event...but I really don't have time for such a project.  He doesn't want to see it go to the scrappers....is there any value to it? Anyone interested??? Anyone know who made these?

ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
Sponsored Links

GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 9:43pm
Eldon,

In the day, everybody had one. IHC, JD , New Idea, etc, etc.

The slats are no big deal to reproduce, as long as you got the dimensions.

Worth?  I bought one 15 yrs ago for $5.......
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 9:46pm
My Grandpa Tucker had a New Idea. Here is a picture of him(on the right)and my Great Uncle Sam. Grandpa died in 1938 so it had to be before that.

http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 9:48pm
By the way, that hayloader is still on the farm. Dad used it for years after this. He pulled it with the C when he got rid of the horses.Here is Mom on the C and Uncle Harold stacking.

Edited by CTuckerNWIL - 10 Apr 2010 at 9:51pm
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Harvey/pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvey/pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 10:28pm
Charlie, There was one at my grandfathers too, no memory of it being used but I know it was because I remember them unloading the wagons of loose hay, piled high like your pics. They pulled the hay fork up, loaded, with the WC or WD then dumped it in the mow. I have an orginal Public Sale advertisement, framed & hanging above the 'puter. It lists a New Idea 4 bar side rake & a dump rake, 2 grass mowers 5 & 6 ft on steel, but no hay loader, maybe they were of no value in 1962. Thanks for the memories...Harvey

Edited by Harvey/pa - 10 Apr 2010 at 10:30pm
Rog(NCWI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rog(NCWI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 4:27am
I bought a New Idea hay loader some 10 years ago for $20.00 with the idea of restoring it. I loaded many a load of hay with a New Idea loader. I came on the end of that era and just before the small bailers came into our commuity. I got involved with restoring Allis tractors and never got to it. I sold it for $50.00 and found out that maybe I could of got $100.00 for it but I made a young Amish farmer very happy. The one I bought still had the decals on it that was very readable and hardly any rust on it.
David Gantt N.C. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Gantt N.C. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 7:43am
Great old pictures Charlie, wish I had pictures of my grandfather and father back in their cotton growing days, thanks for sharing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic