This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shoulda took a look sooner....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shoulda took a look sooner....
    Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 5:40pm
About a month ago there was a D14 with rear mounted loader on the local cl but it looked a little rough and home made in the pics. This week it was back on at a lower price so I thought I would go look at it since it was on the way to a job I was doing. The guy said he had a buyer, but I could look at it. It turns out it was a D14 Industrial (s/n D14 I Xxxxx).  It had a Henry loader on it, reversed ring gear, shuttle clutch, reinforced front spindles, rock shaft removed with a bracket bolted in it's place, and the snap coupler removed.  It also had cooling lines from the shuttle plumbed into the bottom of the radiator.  It all looks factory quality....and I was too late......
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
Sponsored Links

Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 8:33pm
Here is a pic of it. I could barely make out the name "Henry" on the side. It has a weird bucket setup....two cylinders to dump plus a single cylinder to rock the bucket back like a typical backhoe....I've never seen anything like it.  Looks like it would have been a fun tractor.

ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 10:07pm
Hey Eldon, how's it goin? Does look like a neat little toy, the shuttle clutch would have been a real sweet deal.  Darrel
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 10:10am
Eldon; Naughty boy! you were sleeping. Henry made that loader for several brands of tractors before they really got into bed with Allis-Chalmers. Allis sold that combo on a D-15 as a RL-451 loader. This a picture of my friend's RL-451 on my trailer
Matt MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 7:26am
I ran accross this one last October. It had a RL-400 Henry loader on it.

Unless your are the lead horse the scenery never changes!!
Jim Lindemood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Lindemood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 7:35am
The early bird gets the "tractor"! Intewresting piece of equipment.
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 9:10am
Matt that is the same loader as this....looks like yours is in a little better shape, tho. It looks like yours doesn't have the beefed up front spindles, or industrial wheels and the hydraulics look a little different up by the bucket. Does your's have an "I" after the D14 in the serial number?
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic