This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with B belly mower

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rieg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with B belly mower
    Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 8:25am
I am helping my son-in law put a Continental Belton belly mower on his B is there anyone out there that could post pictures of their mounted Belton mower or have the mounting instructions for this set up. Any information would be helpful. We also need to know what the compression reading should be for the engine. It runs good but while we have it in the shop I would like to run a compression check. Thanks rieg swoh
rieg
Sponsored Links

GregLawlerMinn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregLawlerMinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 8:28am
Can't help with the mower mounting. Compression on a tight B engine is 100-110 psi. The motor will run decent at 80-90 psi if all cylinders read pretty close to each other (approx 5 psi)
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 9:45pm
rieg.. dont know what model you have. mine is a 72 inch 3 blade and was originally made for a 8N FORD with a 3 point hitch.  You connect to 3 point and a beam sticks forward under the tractor and  lifts the deck under the flywheel area... not having a 3 point, i just installed two "arms" off the final drive case sticking backwards and connect the lower two pins to them.. that holds it forward and back. AFter that i put two hanger chains off the seat frame down to the two arms to set the height. Then i put two chains from the flywheel housing to the front end to suspend the front. It just hangs there, but cant move fore- aft at all, and very little side to side due to the two solid arms in back. Mine acutally has a PTO  driveshaft to an 90 degree gear box on the 3 point frame. The blade belt runs horizontal from the gearbox to the blades.. no twist like on my WOODS L59.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 9:48pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic