This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi I'm new to the site and I have a FL7B loader.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi I'm new to the site and I have a FL7B loader.
    Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 6:59am
While you are in there get the numbers on the ear of the pump mounting flange, be ready to call a hydraulics shop as mine did the same(even as is a 7G) and finally just failed.
Sponsored Links

luznarr View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luznarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 3:38am
Hey Guys
I went out there with air  loosen the input line to the steering control valves and pushed a small alen key up the along the input hose and tube to get the air out  took some time.  seem like 10 min's to get the oil to get to the input tube of the pump. anyway pull the alen key out started the machine nothing???  i connected the air back in and notice so me bubbling from the hose I loosen to steering control valve so I kept the air flowing and turn on the machine in a minute or two the oil was flowing  shut her down tighten the  line started her back up nothing???? anyway did it again loosen the  line to the valve pumped air oil flowing again a couple of big bubbles popped out then she was flowing good lift about a gallon get out this time I figure that is about the hose routing amount. She steers great better then ever. I need to tell you the flow is not high on that pump not like a hydro pump more like a engine oil pump and low psi.  So My guess it's can take a licking and keep ticking?????
Thanks for your help and information.
 Robert
Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 10:19am
The tank and lines operate under pressure when the machine warms up so the priming process using air won't hurt anything, you only need 5 lbs. or less to push the oil where it needs to go. 
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
luznarr View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luznarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 5:08am
I was thinking about doing something like that  but then If I did will it cause other problems by blowing seals to the final drives?  but yes  disconnecting the input line  should  keep to much pressure build up.  Just incase who made these pumps?
the part # 5120481 transcode # (what ever this  is)  # SGR. D227. 
The hole was right at a bolt camp to the frame.  All the pack down dirt help hold suction a little and and cause it to rust out also??? And yes I would said dirt got in also that why I changed every . It took about 6 1/2 gallons of oil to refill. but hopefully I didn't hurt the pump to much. Next time I will know, I never had trouble jumping in a hole and digging myself out. If you want to know I just welded the hole up and added some paint, the line was perfect other then the one hole the paint must of been nick at the camp????
the oil I drain looked thick it seem thicker then 10w30 or 15w40??? very dirty. I dont  believe it could suck that much dirt I think some one may have added the wrong oil in her some 90w???
one step at a time?????? couple of weeks  ago it seem to push and steer fine but I never had another machine to compare to...
thanks for you help
Robert

Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 9:45pm
If you have oil right to the pump it should pick it up right away. If you loosen the fitting of the oil supply line at the pump and put a bit of compressed air to the filler hole on the hydraulic oil tank, stuff a rag in the opening around the blow nozzle or cover the hole with one hand to build a little pressure in the tank (you don't need much). Once you see oil and no more bubbles coming out at the loose fitting tighten the fitting right away and the pump should pick it up.  With that hole you found...hopefully the suction line didn't pick up crud and it scored the inside of the pump. 
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 3:29pm
Most likely been sucking air for awhile, hardest thing on a pump besides pumping mud. Clearances get to wide and I am talking in thousandths and it won't pull suction. One alternative to see if completely shot is to take suction tube off at pump, pack the pump with oil based wheel bearing grease, reconnect the line and start the tractor back up. May not hold prime long but may be able to see if will pull oil, if fails then take the pump off and to a hydraulic repair shop, they can ID the pump for replacement.
luznarr View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luznarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 2:36pm
Hi I'm back , I found a rust hole in the supply line that fed the oil to the pump. The pump is in the front right side of the motor, anyway I pull the line out and fixed the hole and put new oil and filter and clean the screen the pump builds no pressure does it need primed or should it pull the oil up over the top of the crown thru 8 feet of pipe? Anyway it doesn't so the pump went bad or it needs primed
by filling the supply line is my guess?
if any one has any information please reply.
thanks you
Robert

Edited by luznarr - 13 Apr 2015 at 2:38pm
luznarr View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luznarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 3:33am
Thanks,
I seen they had a fl5 part book online but never found a fl7 so I pick one up for 20 bucks but looking the them, a lot of the stuff between the two are the same.
looking at other allis machines the parts book has alot more infor so you can figure stuff out,  but it seems like the fiatallis machines they didn't spend as much money with the tech-writers.  So my guess it's under the right foot below the transmission but I need to get that dirt out so I can follow the lines the machine has a magnetic rod instead of a screen on the intake right below the right side steering valve on the front side of the crown.
So the oil you guys use is non detergent oil 10wt for the steering or  detergent 10wt? I have a old much smaller 1956 case machine it uses only non detergent oils... But my guess it a pump seal or input line because it would steer fine once it started working and now knowing the dirt in the belly the steel tube most likely rusted thru..  hopefully it wasn't sucking up dirt from the oil puddling and being sucked back up in the pump... Anyway
I post what I find out about it, it may take a couple of days it's raining over here for the next couple of days...
Robert
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 8:08pm
Minnpar has parts layout manuals online for the FA units, I do not remember the FL7B but I suspect they have a illustrated guide and could help you locate where the pumps and filters are.

Edited by DMiller - 07 Apr 2015 at 8:09pm
Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 4:53pm
Hi Robert and welcome to the forum. Looks like your machine was made in 1989. The symptoms you describe sound a lot like low oil level or a clogged screen for the oil pick-up. You are on the right track getting all the dirt out of the way and eventually pressure washing so you can see where the oil leaks. It may well be a pressure hose with a generous leak that causes the hesitation of movement. Let us know what you find.
luznarr View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luznarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 5:48am
Hi I'm new to the site and I have a FL7B loader with steering problems.
I'm thinking it may be a supply line going to the pump. I started the machine it always had to run a minute or two for it would steer.  anyway it aways bugged me about it but it alway was fine after. couple of minutes so lately it been taking longer. then
i notice the level low and I was told to use Mobil Delvac 1 esp 5w-40. put that in still nothing.  Anyway notice after a half hour fuild was low again looked under oil dipping  from the belly pan..  one thing it seem to me the Delvac 1 esp 5w-40 made in seem like I need to give it more rpm to get it to move. forward and backwards . it this the right stuff to put in the steering clutches? A fiat fourm told me to use it. any way can you also tell me the year of this machine the number on the plate is
chassis # 251-679
model #  L7B1T

I drop the belly plate oil cam down and dirt is cake up inside along the transmission so will need to let it dip for a couple of day until I can clip the dirt alway to see what is going on. Another question the steering pump is under the the trans?  Try to follow the line untop but dry clay dirt cover them up. figure it on the right bottom side of the flywheel housing.
Thanks for any replys
Robert
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic