This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

old allis pullers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timmypuller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: old allis pullers
    Posted: 21 Mar 2015 at 3:41pm
i have series 2 d 21 i bought in the early 90's. i was told it originally came from pittsfield ,il. area.. it has a modified hood so a large turbo would fit. it looks like it also was attached to side shields via bolts.when i bought it this tractor it had a very small roosamaster pump and a turbo off a d-19 installed on it. i have since been told that this may have been done to run this tractor in the field because allis engineers had designed a different gear on camshaft to advance it while pump timing remained close to stock. also was told when i bought it that it had ceramic coated pistons. i don't know what kind of hp it's actually turning but it has always had more mid range torque than the other 21's pulling with same setup in this area. they had trouble starting sled in 6th gear and i could easily start it in 7th. is there any way of tracing the history of this tractor? dealer who brought it to missouri is closed . serial number is d 21 2208 . any help is appreciated
Sponsored Links

Beirnesy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beirnesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2015 at 5:59pm
Add a picture of the tractor to this thread. There are alot of good fellows on this forum that are glad to help and add a wealth of knowledge.
1969 220,1967 190DXT,1968 190DXT, LGT's 710,,716
timmypuller View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timmypuller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2015 at 8:25pm
tractor was set up stock when i bought it and it looks a lot different now. i will try to find the pictures of it when i bought it . hood is still the same and will try to get photos of that on here in next week 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic