This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

need 616/620/720 front clutch help/parts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need 616/620/720 front clutch help/parts
    Posted: 21 Mar 2015 at 8:34am
trying to throw the front clutch on my 616 with a cckb. the clutch I have was thrown in not installed on an engine when I bough the tractor but looks correct. for some reason it is in 2 pieces and I do not see how to hook them together. also according to the exploded diagram I attached it looks like I am missing parts 46 and 47 and the supporting hardware. do I need them?
Thanks
David

Sponsored Links

HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2015 at 8:57am
the magnet with the four bolt holes bolts on the engine block first  that was the last thing that i put on our 616 yesterday before we took it for its first drive in 15years
coggonobrien View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 9:15am
Could you post a picture I'm not following you
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 10:38am

i know you used a diff. spec.# engine , is the end of  the crank the same ?  is there four screw holes around the crank on the main brg. cover  they are about 10-32 or 12-32 size ?   if every thing is good above then the part in your picture with the wires and magnet should mount to the engine block,   the little tangs on the id off the mag. sould piolet in the brg. cover.   clean and tap the holes.    if the main brg. cover dosnt have holes it would be best to remove it to drill it on the drill press with a depth stop,    and hand tap the holes must be clocked such that you do not drill in the oil gallery allso mesure that gskt that sets your thrust clearance    

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 10:45am
Neither my cckb good motor or the original ccka has bolt holes
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 1:36pm
i cant do pictures can you show a picture of the pto end of your cckb and a  [crankshaft brg. housings] ?
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 2:41pm
nevermind you were right they are just really small screws on my old engine guess I'm swapping another Part over

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 2:41pm
thanks for the help
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 6:18pm
measure the gasket thickness that sets your crankshaft end play should end the same but the piece may be machined alittle diff so check
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic