This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7016H drive shaft

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mduggan9011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7016H drive shaft
    Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 5:15am
Have a 7016 that runs smooth. Replaced magneto after mouse infestation. Now when drive shaft reconnected, violent shake and has broken bolts off. Any info greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links

Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 8:40am
Make sure you have it connected to the fiberglass discs on each end correctly. Also, check to see if one of those discs has an oblong hole. That will through the shaft out of whack. I messed one of those discs up while snow plowing with my 716H. Man that'll shake the crap outta' ya! LOL!

Edited by Steve in NJ - 28 Jan 2015 at 8:41am
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
mduggan9011 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mduggan9011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 9:12am
Thanks for that info. There is no disc on the front. I will have to look in the parts box but don't remember seeing any discs.
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 10:27am
better check alinment if motor was out
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mduggan9011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 3:23am
I have ordered the coupling/disc from eraplacements. In regards to motor alignment, I wondered about that along with any necessary shimming etc. Is there a certain way for alignment such as small framing square from crankcase to frame or...?
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 6:31am
Neither of my 716H's had any shims under the engines. Both Kohler powered, and were bolted directly into the frame. As long as the holes in the discs or driveshaft itself isn't worn out or out of round, the driveshaft sorta' self aligns itself. If its off a fuzz, you'll know about it. I've had the driveshaft bolts come loose a couple times, but only during the Winter when snow plowing. A little dab of locktite along with new lock washers took care of the problem. The Kohler that I had in the snow plow 716H was modified a bit, and it liked fuel, but boy could that puppy push snow! One year we got about 14" of wet snow. Our driveway is about 150' or more long. That 716H pushed that heavy snow all the way down the driveway, across the street to the stone wall. That machine was awesome. My wife stood there in amazement and said I would've never thought that machine could do that! So of coarse, being she's a motorhead, it was her turn. LOL! My nephew has the machine now in MD. Hopefully next year the 620 will be in service to do the detail work around the property with the loader I got from Den at D&R AC Parts. Can't wait to play wit' dat' one!
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mduggan9011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 6:41am
I loosened the motor mounting bolts and the motor does move a little clockwise. After my coupling plate arrives, I will put back together and mount my plow. Great to hear they push snow well. I got 28" of snow in the recent storm just North of Boston. Sucks using a snowblower but with the depth we received , and it was fluffy, I don't think it would have plowed well if I didn't hit it multiple times. Thanks for the info though! Can't wait to drive/plow with it.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 7:11am
You'll love that machine. Its awesome. Sounds like you guys got the brunt of that last storm. We dodged the bullet a bit. We got about 12" outta' that one. We were lucky this time. You guys got drilled. I would've used the snowblower to. 28" of snow is way to much for the 7016 unless you stayed on top of the plowing through the storm. Then you probably would've been okay. Sucks being out there with whatever you have! LOL!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic