This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gutless General 7030

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gutless General 7030
    Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 9:47am
Gutless General Facebook page. They have video's from Gordyville. Yes it is a 7030 driveline and yes it is a 426. Runs Hard!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gutless-General-Pulling-Team/1461614234061416
Sponsored Links

DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 12:14pm
Thats a good running machine and one blower too , Very nice looking 7000 series

Edited by DougG - 19 Jan 2015 at 6:52pm
Jordan(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jordan(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 2:20pm
Last I saw him run was nothing but smoke, from clutch housing.  No offense, just saying.  He's not far from here but don't know them. 
O.P.S. Heads View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 3:37pm
The only time I see him run in person is at Gordyville and when I see it run there it looks good. In the last three years he earned 2 second place finishes in the finals against endless amounts of red and green tractors. Not too shabby. He ran it three if not four times down there this year. All of his hooks were respectable with his last run getting him 2nd place. As I mentioned before, all of the AC's looked good which was nice to see.

I don't know him either. Seems like a nice enough guy when I talked to him briefly in the pits. My point was (since this is an Allis forum) that an old, some say antiquated 426 block and head will still make good power in the correct class if done correctly.

How many times have you seen him run?

Edited by O.P.S. Heads - 21 Jan 2015 at 4:06pm
DaveWisc. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveWisc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 4:45pm
Is he going to pull at Louisville in February.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 7:38pm
Theres some good running 426,s popping up , Slutty Allis, My Girlfriend Allis and a few others , I do like this 7030 cause its got the 7030 driveline , but its modified and it works great , you can get a lot of power out of the 426 yet , just gotta be smart with the rest of the componets that put the power down on the track
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 7:55pm
looked to me like the Sluty Allis and Mallis have 11000 series 516 engines. 
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 8:04pm
That could be , I dunno , just seen some videos of them pulling and assumed they had 426,s

Edited by DougG - 21 Jan 2015 at 8:06pm
ACFarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACFarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 8:18pm
Points have been won by 426's last 3 years in our local class lol. Still power to be made with them, just seems to be a little cheaper with the detroit.
Making A living everyday farming with and working on Allis Equipment
ryan(IN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryan(IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 8:34pm
They are about 10 miles from me. They have a shop that they do work on allis stuff. Good guys. I have got to see the 7030 up close one time when one of our tractors was there getting worked on. I too like to see the 426 in pullers like that.
ryan
1984 8070 FWA,1979 7060,1975 7040,1971 190,1960 D-17D,1957 D-14, 196? D-19G, 1975 5040,1971? 160,1994 R62
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 9:33am
I have heard the argument that you can install a Detroit, Cummins, etc. into an Allis tractor and make it run cheaper. I have never transplanted a non - Allis engine into anything so I have no idea what kind of money and time it takes to do it.

If one were to spend the same money on the fuel system, turbo chargers, cam shafts, cylinder head work, clutch and flywheel, etc. that was spent on the non Allis engines, the AC engine will perform well too. That's a fact. Money wisely spent = power on any engine and the same fuel system and turbo will be used on any engine in it's given class

In my mind it boils down to two choices:

1 - Spending the time and money spent making a non Allis engine fit.

2 - Improving the AC conn rods.

Keep in mind I am a narrow minded, hard core Allis engine guy.
rowcropmafia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowcropmafia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 10:16am
Its great to see allis motors do well. And you are right mike about what you are saying about using the same turbo and induction system. But i think with most pullers it comes down to how much power can i possibly make within a given set of rules and when you are done what motor is going to run better, be more reliable,and be easier to get replacement parts for. The whole engine replacement system we're living in today though does take away from what does make an Allis an Allis or whatever brand you may like but i think it has helped get more color back on the track and competitive and not such a red and green show
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 10:41am
Ben, you make a good point about the different colors. Without the choice of engines it would most likely be a less colorful class. Nice to meet you down there by the way.
rowcropmafia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowcropmafia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 11:06am
Thanks. Good to meet you too. Had a great time
Larry W. View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 4:04pm
for die hard orange guys, the idea of a motor transplant doesn't go over well usually. the good points of the Detroit though make it very desirable depending on what kind of class you are going into. the block will support the bigger 640 ci pistons, sleeves, etc.
much easier then the 426. the crankshaft in a Detroit is way more heavy duty then the allis, or even the IH 466 for that matter. the Detroit also has a roller cam from the factory which helps as well. just a few points on the motor.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 6:50pm
I agree the 426 block can only be made so big and be reliable. That is an advantage the Detroit, DT series, or Deere engines have.

I think the 8500 lb. class at Gordy is limited to 540 cubes with an OEM head and with no turbo limit. Obviously the 426 can still do that. A 466 class is another good fit for a 426 block too. You can find 466 classes almost anywhere. The model 220 tractor from Riceville, Iowa is absolutely gorgeous and runs really good. I think he is at 466 C.I. with a 3 inch inlet.

Larry W. View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 10:21pm
I agree, if you're staying in reasonable cube classes, a 426 can still do just to fine. biggest fight you really have is the head, but that can be "fixed"!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic