This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roosa pump leaking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roosa pump leaking
    Posted: 23 Oct 2024 at 9:29pm
so, my fuel pump on my 7060 is leaking

it purges air as I prime, then a frequent drip turned into a significant drip on my last trip home

I've looked into the seals, and how to replace them

something is confusing me, and without taking things apart, I'd like to get some info first.

can I tighten up the screw that holds the levers in place?  would that put pressure on the washer/seal possibly tightening in up and reducing the leak?

if not, how does one put pressure against the washer/seal to get a good seal?

I'd like to be able to reduce my leak for  a few weeks, so I won't need the tractor over winter, if I decide to pull parts off.
AC7060Pd 1975
Sponsored Links

Lynn Marshall View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn Marshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2024 at 10:18pm
Is this leaking at the fuel shutoff lever?
nanuk View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 hours 7 minutes ago at 9:23am
Yes

started as a small drip

late baling season, I started to have pulsing, I believe due to air ingress.

When I'd prime it, I could hear a tiny hiss coming from the area of the shut off.

it didn't seem to change much, until the last time I drove it.  Drove it home 1.75 hours.
There was fuel along the side of the engine/frame and batteries were wet.

when I shut it down, I primed it, and could hear hissing and fuel came out the shut off lever area.
AC7060Pd 1975
nanuk View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 42 minutes ago at 6:48pm
Ok, I just got off the phone with 'im4racin' and he walked me through the system

it would appear my understanding was off a bit.

the screws that hold the levers on have nothing to do with the sealing and pressure applied to the seal.

so, I for sure need the source a seal (or two) to replace the leaking one

I don't want to remove the pump, so the engine side one is going to stay where it is for  now.
I remember someone (Lynn Marshall?) mentioning his special tool to remove the parts so the back unit can be removed/replaces so a new seal can be installed.

I'll look into that, but for now, the outside one is my biggest concern at the moment.

Thanks for everyone's input on this. 
I sure do appreciate it.

and thank you 'im4racin' for contacting me.

AC7060Pd 1975
Lynn Marshall View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn Marshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 34 minutes ago at 8:56pm
The seals, as you refer to them, are nothing more than O-rings. Removing the top cover from the pump is required. Hopefully, you won't twist off any of the cover bolts. You should probably replace the top cover gasket while doing this. These parts can be found at most any diesel service station.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic