This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC 616-620 engine repower

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC 616-620 engine repower
    Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 8:50pm
What is everyone opinion on the Honda or Briggs repower? My 616's are tired and I want to repower them. If you have one let me know what you think. Pros and cons. Thanks Tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
Sponsored Links

HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 9:55pm
a customer of mine brought his jd mower for an electrical problem and commented on my 616,         and said how much he likes the 23hp vangaurd we installed a few years ago in his 720 so hes pretty happy with it.       we are both briggs and honda and he picked the briggs  someone out there makes motor mount kits  for the swap for either engine  i would like to purchase one probley money ahaed than fabing one                                               both engines are good and price is close   for you i would go with witch ever one has the best dealer support in your area
fasstman View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fasstman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 11:11pm
I like mine with the Kohler 37 hp i put in. Plenty of power and the clutches do not slip even.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 7:37am
Trevor,
Didn't you have a Honda repower for sale or did you sell it? That 37 horse version must cook!
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
fasstman View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fasstman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 9:09am
Honda is sold. Steve have you put the newer bearings in the pto clutches yet? I need the bearing #.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 12:05pm
No I haven't. I bought my 620 not running a few years ago. I haven't had it running yet to find out if I have any other issues! I hope it doesn't. I just started the resto last Spring and been working on and off of it all last year. Actually, with my work schedule and business schedule, it takes me quite a while to get things done. I'm more "off" it and on it...Glad to hear you sold the engine.
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 9:03pm
I would like to find a Honda engine and kit if possible. Thanks tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic