This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B112 steering

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B112 steering
    Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 11:27am
Ok, got her running and all 21 gears work but... this ARMSTRONG steering has be bewildered! Lifted off the ground, she steers fine. Have 20PSI air in tires so ANY ideas WHY she needs HUGE arms to turn, even while in motion?
Any help is appreciated...

Jay

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Sponsored Links

Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 12:34pm
Well Jaybird, I know one problem. Yer' gettin' old and weak...LMAO!   
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 1:43pm
HAy I'm only 63 and have TWO hernias( this week)......no, I won't get them 'fixed' by quacks.... did that once,when I was in Grade 13( yeah a Canadian thing back then...) stitches didn't take.....
sigh...

Jay

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 2:14pm
LOL! Just havin' some fun with ya, ya old coot! Next month I'll be 64. Got ya beat old man!   
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 2:21pm
yeah, but you'll STILL working, I been retired for 30 years....
na na na ,na na na....

Jay

macvette View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macvette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 5:00pm
Might be spindle bearings.  A friend of mine put Torrington bearings on the bottom of the spindles on his AC garden tractor.  Really, really steers easy.  His handle on the forum is littlemarv if you want to look at a post where he was showing final result.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 5:56am
Hmm..guess I'll tear them apart and see what's going on..now I Know this beast weighs 750# which is same as the Ford LGT125 I have and IT I can push and steer real easy.
Still be nice to find an 'adapter' to use the 3 point implements I have here...

Jay

AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 6:29am
You can go to the Simplicity garden tractor club forum and search for poor mans power steering.  They put thrust bearings on the vertical spindles to make them turn smoother.  I'd think something else is going on.  My 110 and B10 turn good with a snowblower and 46" blade hung on them.
AaronSEIA
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 6:40am
You dirty dog! You've been retarded I mean, retired for 30 years? Two more years to go for me. Woo Hoo! Should go fast....
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 8:20pm
yeah...30 years with NO paycheck and NO pension....yet somehow paid off the house,got 4 D-14s and a 97 F150, though I am 'downsizing'....
Oops.. I actually get 250 Canucks as a pension but have 4K house taxes...
ah the joys of getting old....
oh yeah NO free eyeglasses from the feds as I ain't 65...NO free meds come to think of it.
oh well... get to look at the B112 tomorrow since I ripped the hernia again, can't lift nothing for a week or so....

Jay

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic